Question for positive symptom schizophrenics

Hi there, my partner who I love more than anyone in the world was diagnosed schizophrenic. Intense auditory and visual hallucinations. He has ZERO problems taking medication and is taking care of his health to the best of his abilities. He is currently on invega.

My question is… for those who had positive symptoms, will the medication ever cut out the hallucinations entirely? Or just enough so it’s manageable? Is anyone on invega and do you supplement it with anything else?

My partner was diagnosed 7 months ago and the positive symptoms has grown SO much worse in the past two months. He said the frequency of his bad days are increasing and the intensity… is this because he’s growing into the schiophrenia (I’m bipolar and my symptoms grew much worse in the early 20s) because he hasn’t had symptoms for very long (7 months)? For anyone schizophrenia, did it get worse before it got better?

I miss him so much and the web offers practically nothing for successful schizophrenics… the ONLY helpful book has been “the unquiet mind” … please will someone share their story? And help me :’(

@Sassyandoutrageous I’d like to encourage you to join our forum for Family and Caregivers that can be found at:

While this is a peer support forum for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Moonbeam
Volunteer Moderator

2 Likes