Please help me regarding this - Think I was Stuck with a Needle

Thanks !.

I dont know how much I have been injected…i hope it lasts only for 2 weeks even if they have injected maximum dose…I somehow dont feel comfortable with drugs especially antipsychotics.

I had been to a Psychaitrist …

The entire interview last for like 40 minutes.

He asked me what was the issue…I told him about the problem with my family and about problems with my marriage and how it is breaking down and the interference of my parents in it.

I told him about this thought that I was injected AP this morning and was sure of it…Then I told him that I had suspected earlier my Mom/family adding drugs in food many times.

He asked me a few questions:-

1. He asked do you see people or hear voices?..I said No.
  2. He asked do you feel people controlling your thoughts ?..I said No
  3. He asked while alone do you see stuff or hear voices?..I said No
  4. He asked when moving around in public places do you feel people are talking about you or plotting stuff against you…I said No.

He asked me 1-2 more questions…I said No.

He became incredibly frustrated…It was like he was trying to prove something…

Then he said…ALRIGHT YOU HAVE SCHIZOPHRENIA.

He prescribed me 2 MG of Risperidone and 1 other drug to get me to sleep and asked me to come back after a week to see my condition.

Thats it…

That’s how my delusions started — I thought people were drugging me. It’s classic schizophrenia. Get this taken care of now before you find out where they really stick the needle.

Look I dont want to get into labels OK…

Delusions, Mania, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, OCD’s etc…and what not.

The medical community needs a diagnosis to keep their bills being paid…everyone needs a job to survive in this world and psychiatrists are actually worthless individuals unfit for anything worthwhile (Note they do NOT have a genuine medical degree or study)…and they claim to be masters and judges of the Human Mind which isThe most complicated thing in the world.

I prefer to call it as something which is not real and the Mind tends to think that it is real…As long as it is not harming someone physically, mentally or emotionally …I personally feel that noone should be forced onto drugs.

FYI, 3 Years back I was labelled having major depression and put on a battery of drugs (Couple of Antidepressants and Quetiapine (About 400 mg) every goddamn day).

I took the drugs for 1.5 years and I do not remember anything in those 1.5 years. The ONLY thing I know is that I was emotionally bland and detached and lost all my joy and happiness and became like a Robot…
(Believe me Antipsychotics make you into that !).

I am not going into Drugs at any cost.

And might I add many times it is the Family members who team up with the Psychiatrists and push them into pushing drugs so that they can “CONTROL” their family members (basically turn them into a submissive idiot who dosent cause them uncomfortable situations).

Oh boy the world is evil…and I dont need to be a psychiatrist to know that fact.

What options do you have for getting another medical opinion? Some psychiatrists are better than others. Sorry to hear your experience with your current one has been so unhelpful. I’ve had some crap ones and some great ones. But I understand that it’s discouraging.

I don’t have any love for psychiatry, but the sooner you come to grips with this illness, the better off you’ll be. Even if that just means working through some of the issues you have with your family. That’s all I’m saying.

i hope things start to improve for you…wishing you all the best…

Now I am unable to work too…

Is there any Blood test to indentify Antipsychotics in your body?..please let know…If i found traces of it Ill take my parents to court.

someone please help me…im feeling sick.

I’m glad you’re starting CBT soon, hopefully that will bring you peace. Sorry you are going through hard times.

To answer your first question, it’s possible to attain higher function without medications, but highly improbable. The few I know who function well without are a minority. I can function without meds, but I am much better with even when you factor in side-effects. Medication with CBT generally presents the best outcome at present.

Second question: There is no cure at present, only treatment. The sooner you start treatment, the better your long term prognosis. The longer you put it off, the less likely you are to achieve meaningful recovery.

I do not believe you were injected with a depot medication without your knowledge. However, if you were, sounds like that person was doing you a favour and a ‘thank you’ is in order.

Wishing you the best.

10-96

1 Like

I’ve started feeling better since last night and today morning .

This is day 5 if at all I’ve been injected and the drug effects have started to wean off .

If at all I had SZ shouldn’t my condition had gotten worse off??

You could be going through your own version of a manic phase. It could be that you think you’re functioning better, but you’re not (that’s where I tend to fall down). Getting diagnosed over the Internet is usually a bad idea. Looking for a diagnosis from a bunch of mentally ill folk is an even worse idea. You really need to talk to a doctor about this. This community is here to provide support, but it’s not a good source of medical advice.

What you have could be SZ, or it could be something much worse (e.g. brain tumour causing psychotic symptoms). SEE A DOCTOR.

10-96

like i mentioned before I had been on Antipsychotics and they were the worst phase of my life .

I would like to testify today that for the period I was on Antipsychotics:-

1. My job performance went down.
  2. My emotions were blunted. Yes I became a zombie.
  3. I became violent many times and hit people
  4. Overall i do not remember anything except major incidents its like 1.5 years of my life has disappeared.
  5. Sex life was NIL (Non-existent). I never got an erection while on drugs.
  6. I became over weight and was pre-diabetic 2 weeks before I quit. I am certain I would have developed diabetes if I had continued on antipsychotics.

I would call it as the worst phase of my life.

I would not recommend Medicines for anyone no matter how bad the situation.

They DO NOT HELP YOU…THAT IS FOR SURE.

They HARM YOU AND HARM YOU BIG TIME…THAT IS FOR SURE.

The SIDE

OK IM DOWN AGAIN.

■■■■…same old feeling…

Thoughts blocking …unable to feel emotions !!!

Its the medication kicking in or something else has gone wrong

Yes - I agree with this. I’ve known other people who were developing schizophrenia and this is exactly their delusion - that someone had injected them with some sort of drug.

This is a common problem with people who are developing schizophrenia. If I were you I’d go quickly to an early treatment center and get the best treatment possible - and you will likely be ok. The longer you wait - the worse the prognosis.

Here are some lists of early psychosis treatment centers. Find one close to you - or call the closes to you if they are not that close - and ask if they can recommend someone closer to you:

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/early-psychosis-treatment-centers-how-to-get-great-help/12743

There are many different types of antipsychotic medications. You can see a full list here. Each medication has its own side-effect profile. Each medication can be lowered in dose to its minimum effective level to minimize the side effects. I would work with your doctor to find a medication that works for you without all the side effects:

This forum has been very helpful for me.

I feel better AGAIN this morning. Hopefully it will stay like that.

Anyway, Medications is something I have taken for 1.5 years and I am NOT GOING BACK.

If I was naive and unknown to medication perhaps I would have listen to 2-3 people in this forum and started medications…but no I have listed my problems with meds a few posts back.

Besides ANYONE WHO THINKS he/she can get better by popping a chemical pill is deluding themselves (Now that is A DELUSION and this DELUSION has far worse consequences than the one I perhaps have).

Heres the bottom line:-

1. Psychiatry is a Quack and pseudo-science and so are all the psychiatrists of the world. These people are unqualified (certainly not in Medical science) and their understanding of the Human brain and human mind is next to nothing whatsoever.

2. Yes the Pharma drug companies do some research. But that research is NOT FOR BETTERMENT of humans but to MAKE MONEY = PROFIT. They do some random testing on RATS to figure out if some chemical compound is able to tranquilize the rats and make them behave better. If successful the FDA approves the chemical compound and is sold in the markets to make enormous profits. (Perhaps some people in the forum are also marketers and pill pushers of the pharma companies).

3. Now whatever we talk should be based on EVIDENCE.

What is the evidence for Mind altering drugs?.

• Is there evidence that any of the so -called Mental illnesses (Depression, Bipolar, Schizophrenia) is linked to the so called Dopamine blocking hypothesis - NONE.

(LOGICALLY SPEAKING HOW ARE YOU GOING TO COME OUT OF A MENTAL ILLNESS BY BLOCKING OR SUPPRESSING THE MIND - YOU IDEALLY WILL COME OUT OF IT BY LETTING YOUR BRAIN BE NATURAL AND WORKING IT OUT YOURSELF).

WE DO HAVE EVIDENCE that people who have started on DRUGS have continued taking drugs all their lives with little to no benefit on their mental illness and with enormous side effects (These are listed on the drug)…Some people say they go onto live better lives…Who is there to check them out?..There is so much of lies all around…Few good folks have written some books that people who have taken medications for 10 years or more look FAT, Bloated, sad human beings with no emotions whatsoever and unrecoverable damages to their brains. They look and talk like Zombies. I KNOW I was a zombie for 1.5 years when I was on medications.

WE DO HAVE EVIDENCE (The most famous of all - John Nash) that people who have stopped Medications and worked out on their own HAVE ACTUALLY RECOVERED from their illness and completely cured themselves . …(NOTE WITHOUT MEDICATIONS AGAIN).

I personally feel that the human mind is capable of enormous potentials and abilities…By taking your pills you are BLOCKING the human mind of its capabilities and potentially destroying them for good by taking those chemical pills.

Problems which I could have(Delusions) are problems…which I do need to solve.

But DEPRESSION is not a mental illness. NOTE IT IS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS. It is a NORMAL reaction of the human mind to a difficult situation in life (lack of love, appreciation, abuse)…Some people take a longer time in coming out of it…but allow the human mind to deal with it…

Taking medications for Depression and hoping that the chemical pill by blocking some receptor in your brain will help you SOLVE your depression is foolishness.

I CAN TELL YOU that Spirituality has an enormous potential in improving lives (Certainly much better than Medications)…Find a good spiritual topic .(For example I study Buddhism and follow Buddhist principles many times )…and work it out.

Just one more thing - If possible avoid Yoga/Meditations especially the Hindu ones which ask you to CONCENTRATE or Focus on something…They effectively do the same thing as medicines (block the brains). It would again make you an emotionless robot.

There are some Buddhist techniques but they are difficult to learn and master and needs lots of studying, reading, understanding and dedication…I am still in the process of learning them…But i have heard that they do help.

AND YES PYCHOTHERAPY is something I have not tried and will definitely try it out especially CBT . (I am joining a Therapist this week).