Night theme or options to change font & background color

I think it would be good to have some options to make the site more comfortable at night.

2 Likes

Yessssssss. I agree.

1 Like

what is uncomfortable about it at night?

It’s like having a lamp pointed at your face.

while a dark background is much more comfortable:

1 Like

oh I see! Yeah I have a lamp on my desk and keep the kitchen light on so I don’t get that glare

1 Like

If you’re using a PC and not a mobile phone you can install “stylish” from here I think

And then pick out a discourse theme from here

5 Likes

I hosted Discourse forum for one day. Members can actually select night theme in preference setting if the administrator enabled it.
I don’t have screenshot but that’s all I know.

Okay, I found it:
In administrator’s control panel:

In preference setting:

I made the suggestion a while ago without positive response:

4 Likes

What do you think about it @SzAdmin ?

2 Likes

I’d appreciate it if the dark theme was available to users, too. @SzAdmin, is this something you can enable?

5 Likes

A dark theme would be perfect for when I start writing posts after I’ve gone to bed to sleep. :smile:

2 Likes

iPhones have a Night Shift mode.
It darkens the screen - useful at night.

1 Like

I use an extension on the Chrome Browser called Hacker Vision that changes the background to black and the font to white.

1 Like

I use Night light mode in Windows 10. Now is better.

Capture

1 Like

Hacker Vision is available free for 6 months only.

I use Night Mode Pro extension which is free.

1 Like

At night i adjust my phone’s brightness to a low level, and on my computer’s monitor i do the same and i’m able to read :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention again. I’d tried it before and it caused lagging on some of my sites. But now it doesn’t and I’ll switch to it. Can’t beat free.

1 Like

@julian88 I love you man!!
lion dragon from Romania!!
your avatar is so awesome!!
How did you come up with the idea of lion dragon?

2 Likes