News about neural signature of negative symptoms

54/142 is about 38%, meaning, according to this study, min-101 was well tolerated compared to D2 blocking atypical antipsychotics. Are these studies of APs you have posted clinical trials? Clinical trials may have different drop out rates than studies which occur post Fda approval.

2 Likes

They are randomized controlled trials but not necessarily trials prior to drug approval.

I havenā€™t looked into average placebo response rate yet. But there have been more than one trial confounded by unusually high placebo response.

1 Like

@eduvigis I looked at the results again on ITI 007 phase 2 and 3 and the dropout rates didnā€™t seem unusual. Completion rates for the ITI group were about 3/4 of participants, with more completing on placebo and fewer on risperidone. What prompted me to post though was a funny thing I read on the phase 2 study.

One person dropped out due to dry mouth. Da fuq, dude? That has to be one dry mouth. One person dropped out due to worsening schizophrenia. Thatā€™s not so good. But, just 1 person.

1 Like

I feel like they would have gotten better results in this study for the higher dose arm if they had tried 80 and 100 before jumping all the way to 120. Who knows, maybe some unknown chemical event occurs somewhere between there and the optimal dose is somewhere in between. We know 60mg once daily has as much improvement of general psychosis as saphris 20mg

ā€¦maybe 80mg or 100 would have been comparable with the other atypicals such as the comparator Risperidone and so on.

I feel like the 120mgā€™s failure to beat placebo was just a totally random thing. The placebo just jumped up unexpectedly, perhaps because the placebo patients believed they were taking a miracle drug or got better by chance en masse.

1 Like

Neat chart. You can see though, the difficulties, Zyprexa is on there twice with 2 different scores, because improvement is so subjective.

Unfortunately, none of the doses of ITI 007 exceeded placebo in the last trial. Iā€™m not sure this is a dosage issue so much as a placebo response issue, given the results on the low dose, but I couldnā€™t say.

2 Likes