Newron sees promise in schizophrenia drug , Evanamide

Treatment with evenamide was generally well-tolerated, although two patients discontinued treatment due to seizure and atrial fibrillation, respectively. The study was designed to assess safety and preliminary efficacy.

Evenamide, an oral drug, has a different mechanism of action to other available antipsychotics. It is in development as an add-on to existing schizophrenia treatments, and the company hopes that it will have potential to address harder-to-treat negative symptoms of the disease.

3 Likes

looking for medication that treat negative symptoms .!!

1 Like

Means .??? to be taken with other medication like dopamine blocker …!!

1 Like

Yes. It’s an add on to an existing AP.

1 Like

Maybe this added to iti-007 would be a good combo. If iti-007 ever makes it to market.

Then again maybe min-101 would work on its own.

But there’s a lot of promising activity at the moment.

@MeghillaGorilla1 might be interested in this too.

2 Likes

Yea @everhopeful. I definitely am. I’m on a low dose of latuda and I don’t know how much more I can stand.
If ITI makes it to the market, and it works keeping the psychosis away. It would be a major improvement on what we’ve got now.
Otherwise the next drug won’t be out for a few years is what I’m thinking, min 101 right?

1 Like

This was previous post.

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/newron-announces-encouraging-preliminary-results-of-its-phase-iia-study-with-evenamide-in-patients-with-schizophrenia/69004

1 Like

I hope it’s good, but most likely I will end up hating it… I hope not.

1 Like