Neogolism - What words have you made up?

hi, i’m daniel and i work for a website that covers a whole bunch of mental health topics. i’m doing research on a piece about neogolism and I was wondering what words people have made up due to their battle with schizophrenia?
Do you remember them?
If so, what were the words and what did the words mean or the intention of the meaning?
also, how did it feel saying the words at the time?
hopefully i’m not in violation of any rules here by asking and thanks for helping me out on my search in advance :slight_smile:

Yes, you are. 151515

1 Like

@nortmania I’ve unlisted this topic to see what the other Mods think.

@anon9798425 @Ninjastar @Rhubot

ok. i read the rules and it didn’t state anything. sorry if i am.

1 Like

ah!!! thank you!!
i missed that one.
what if i wanted to find someone to blog for the site? same protocol?

We’re very protective of our forum members and want to ensure their anonymity because of the stigma that is still, unfortunately, a very real issue with mental illness.

What website are you working for?

1 Like

massivephobia.com it’s a daily magazine site about all types of mental health, addiction and life issues. it mostly uses humor and art. however, for schizophrenia, they will be making it all about shared experiences and doing their best to bridge the gap to understanding and breaking stigma. there may be art involved but no humor as they know this disorder specifically has the biggest stigma of them all. their first project hasn’t been posted and it will be a regular blog from a woman, who is a nurse, and battles schizophrenia, and is also the daughter of a schizophrenic. she is going to be able to tell stories from both sides. as a battler and as a loved one.
the project i was given, as about word play, and to show people what someone battling schizophrenia is feeling when these jumbles occur and possibly tell little stories about days where these things happened to get a full feel of their life with this specific symptom and how it affects them.

So yes, i understand the need to protect the community and I would do so as well.
thanks for being cool about my infraction and i’m truly sorry.

1 Like

That’s an interesting neologism! :wink:
The website seems professional. I had a look, and didn’t see any objectionable content. As long as you’re not doing scientific research, not going to analyze posts here or copy content without people’s permission, and you’re not going to misrepresent the answers you get, I think this should be allowed. It doesn’t seem trivial and it doesn’t seem like anything that would cause paranoia if you proceed sensibly and ethically. Maybe some of our members would enjoy sharing their story. I assume you’re not going to ask people about their identity, and that you’re not going to push people to share their story or contact any of our users directly?

2 Likes

ha! i spelled it wrong.
everyone on the site uses a pen name for everything already :slight_smile:
there’s no science going on. it’s all about sharing stories.
some are done in story. some are done with diary entries. some even with singing.
everyone involved can make up any name they want and we won’t contact anyone directly.
just a post and if we get contacted by someone then we’ll tell them what we’re doing and go from there.

1 Like