My one boss is a little persistently after me about what I do in my free time and how I support myself when I work very part time

I have told her in the past that I babysit which I do not. But I don’t know what else to keep telling her? I’m not gonna tell her I’m on disability or that i have schizophrenia. Do any of you run into this situation? She not the only one at work who wants to know. Back before 2014 before I started working. I was getting a pedicure and the nail tech asked me what I did. I told her I had some phoney job. I wasn’t gonna tell someone I just met I’m on disability with schizophrenia. How do you guys handle this type of situation?

yeah really spot on.

Learn a cover story. If it comes down to being truthfull I say I have a genetic disorder that needs treatment. It isn’t lying but you can beat around the bush with it.

You don’t have to disclose…but you need some strategy to deal with it if your working!

1 Like

I personally I just tell people, I love the reactions I get. They all just can’t wait to get away from me. No seriously, I live in a really small town and pretty much everyone knows I’m mentally ill. They may not know the name schizoaffective disorder but they know I have something serious. I have found people are much more interested in their own story than mine. So I just ask them questions about their life and they forget all about mine.

I lie too. It’s better to lie than tell them the truth.