My lonely self

my lonely self can’t seem to build good relationships anywhere. this is one of the negative symptoms of sz, i realize that.

things are better than they were but they still have quite a way to go for me and i am turning 60 in feb.

i am so depressed about where i’ve been who wasn’t there for me and where i am at for my age.

my pdoc says i have some ptsd. i should probably read up on it.

judy

Take care Judy… almost everyone is not happy with where they are.

1 Like

I feel similarly unhappy. I have no friends irl nor love interests.

1 Like

I have no problems.
True no friends, but my situation is so poor that I need no friends.
My health is too poor to engage in social interactions and social relationships.

i am sorry to read chess that you are in poor health. i wish us all the best of recoveries mentally and physically. judy :sunglasses:

Have yall ever just tried to stop veing yourslf up snd sterotyping yourselves to the point thst you wxtually can’t do anything.

Ive been there ans i get in thst shape sometimes.

But you have to look at it like this. You are defeating yourself. Its that simple. The eorld is rough but youve beat yourself up to the point thst they can blow you doen like a dried up daisy.

When you toughen up and say ■■■■ my illness you get knoxked down agsin and agsin and again. Bit lwt tuat build you into ejat you need to be dont coware from the world becsuse your misunderstood.

Tske the good s hit in your kind and collect it. Tjrow the other ■■■■ out. Itll come back, throw it out agsin. You dont need it. All it is is a securty blanket.

Someone was mean to you, someone said something rude, someone gave you harsh vibes. Yeah and??? ■■■■ happens all the time. But when you wctually hwve ■■■■ to live for you do more and get more ■■■■

1 Like

I hope you feel better, Judy.

thanks guys. i hope you guys are feeling better soon too.

what do you think of assertiveness? i think it is how and how often that counts. and if you can just walk away from the situation or you cannot that determines if you should assert yourself.

i sometimes feel like i am struggling to survive. it isn’t fair that on top of our disease, sz, we need to go through all that.

it’s like a lose-lose situation. i often feel i never had a chance.

judy

I heard a good saying Judy, “Don’t compare your insides to someone else’s outsides”. Sorry you’re feeling lonely. I found having activities I like keeps me entertained and if I’m lonely for companionship joining groups of people with similar interests and or issues is helpful and can lead to friendships. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

I hope you feel better.

1 Like