March Roll Call

I have been on this forum and the former forum for going on 14 years or so. I play guitar, banjo and cello and love art and the making there of.

5 Likes

@jukebox, what name did you go by at the old forum before they renovated? I was thereas a member for many years, and then i was sent to the hospital for a year and i did not have a computer for 8 years, I stayed in chat a lot, but i did post tooo, i went by the name of littlekitty.

1 Like

I am doing good, feeling better than i have in a long time. Still having some issues, but that is to be expected.

2 Likes

I have always been jukebox on the former forum and the new one. Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t remember littlekitty.? I used to be in the chat room they used to have.

Do you remember mountain man?

I too started out on the old forum with a SZA dx - I like the new forum very much.
Having bipolar, I sometimes feel out of place on here lately - I dont know why, just do.
But I can relate to many people on here, as I can suffer from psychosis as well and other shared symptoms like mania and depression and negative symptoms - even though it could be depression based.
I also relate to the same meds.
Feeling a bit down at the moment ā€¦ :worried:

5 Likes

I had to put the brakes on my schooling for the time being, but Iā€™m on the upswing after a long, deep funk. Iā€™m learning to try and recognize my bad hallucinations early and can cut down the intensity greatly if I just keep telling myself that itā€™s not really happening and will pass.

And the calm and clarity have returned. Now begins the planning and strategizing phase. Iā€™ve found that if I plan on a really bad run coming along than I can have a full tool belt, better equipped to muck in the mud.

I still go back and forth between embracing my unique experiences and trying to figure out a way to fix everything. For now though, Iā€™m at peace.

Last night my cat was lying on her back and rolled backwards off the 6" high dog bed. The look was terrified for a tiny drop. It was cute and I found it extremely funny. Itā€™s always a good sign when I find something funny.

My best wishes to everyone else.

3 Likes

kinda rings a bell.? not sure. maybe that was ridgerunner now on this forum?

Given that your diagnosis seems to swing dependent on pdoc, and the similarities between bipolar with psychosis and schizoaffective bipolar type, I feel you have no need to feel out of place.

Having said that I sometimes wonder about my place here as paranoid personality disorder is not I believe always seen as a schizophrenia spectrum disorder. When I first posted on the forums over a decade ago I had a schizoaffective mixed diagnosis.

2 Likes

I just logged in and then saw this thread. Hello everyone. I havenā€™t showed up for a while. Iā€™ve been agitated to rent a shop but gave up in the end. My health might have a glitch at the moment as I woke up early in the morning and had a bit hallucination, hope it goes away soon naturally.

Something odd happened to me this morning. A lot of Chinese SZ are active on the Chinese SZ forum. A SZ man opened a thread as a diary on the forum. He said he wrote it as he counts the date before he retires. He was looking forward to retiring. A young SZ woman had a crush on this SZ men and started to court him. She posted poems and pictures on the manā€™s diary thread. At first the man was pleased by this womanā€™s love posts but in the end he was scared. He now stopped posting. Today he PMed me and asked me to tell the woman that this SZ man has a girlfriend in reality. By the way I was active on that forum and opened my diary on it. I was embarrassed by his request because love affair is very private. Why should I take part in this event?

That was a story from China.

5 Likes

You absolutely belong here @firemonkey - you too share some of the same symptoms.
Your posts are invaluable

3 Likes

@wave, I donā€™t remember you from the old site, but i miss the old chat room very much. but i like the new site very much too. What name did you go by on the old site? my memory is really bad, but i do remember ridgerunner., mountainman did not post, he stayed in chat.it was so many years ago now, i can barely remember any names.
Please donā€™t feel out of place for being bi-polar, i have been diagnosed schizophrenic, schizo affective, so i have the mood component too. Believe me, i have severe mood swings, and my manic episodes when i am not properly medicated are severe. My sis ter is bipolar, and believe me when i tell you , she has severe mood swings. she takes lithium mostly and a couple of other things, but no anti psychotic. there are a lot of people here that are not straight schizophrenic, they have schizoaffective, so they have the same mood component that you have, so there is no reason for you to feel out of place.

1 Like

I donā€™t believe this SZ man has a girlfriend in reality. I think he was just finding an excuse to reject the SZ woman. But this man should face the SZ woman himself rather than asking me to intervent.

Hi Kitty - my name is the same, I never changed it - went as Wave back then too, but I was a bit grandiose and cocky back then for many years - I was not very social, I was still very symptomatic back then.
Thank you for being understanding Kitty - you are very kind.
I think I do remember your old name - littlekittty

I wonder where she is every now and then, or what sheā€™s doing. Tell her I said ā€œhiā€ I guess.

1 Like

I liked you in Moonlighting.

4 Likes

Yes tell your sister hi from me as well @SurprisedJ - wishing her the best

1 Like

This world is big enough for THREE Bruce Willisā€™es.

1 Like

How can you die hard? Wouldnā€™t it go flaccid?

4 Likes

You coming out as Bruce Willis too?

How many of us are there?