LATUDA/Lurasidone plus what other meds?

I have been taking Latuda, a second generation antipsychotic medication produced by Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, and I am on 40mg since June 30th and it is BY FAR the best AP medication I have been on for my SAD.

However,

I am a bit intense, excited, aggressive, impatient, short-tempered, loud, vocal, forceful, and I told a police officer over the phone the other day to “Go f*** yourself, a**hole” and hung up on him hahaha.

My father thinks I need to be back on Trileptal/Oxcarbazepine (Reduces Na+ channel conductance/neuronal excitation) to calm my slightly-moderately manic personality.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Related stories about these feelings?

Thanks!

I’m on abilify, lamictal and lithium. I go on wellbutrin as well when my depression gets bad. I tried latuda and it didn’t work for me. That’s the thing about meds. They work differently for each person. Mine need tweaking I think. Maybe just dosages. Not sure. Seeing Dr tomorrow.

1 Like

Arlbar:

I tried Abilify and it helped me get through graduate school but 1) I slept, and slept, and slept some more, and got tired from sleeping all the time…so I lied down and went to sleep lol and 2) I went from roughly 225 --> 299.5 lbs in 2.5 years.

So I got rid of aripiprazole because of weight gain and sedation. Like you said, drugs affect everyone differently. Have to try combinations and see what works best. Thanks for your input! Good luck!

1 Like

Hmm I have heard of some meds that are supposed to help for bipolar triggering mania. I don’t think you should stay on something that causes it, cursing out police officers could get you into real big trouble.

I’m on depakote for my sza bipolar type. It’s lowered my rage problems but I’m still always irritated. Mainly it just made me a lot calmer and helped w anxiety. My mood hasn’t been great on it.

1 Like

My Dr. just increased my Latuda dose to 80mg and I’m feeling the same way. But at the same time I’m really tired and exhausted. I keep going hypomanic and then crashing. Idk if the Latuda or my Zoloft is causing the mood swings or if it’s just simply not helping the mood swings.

1 Like

Bottom line is I need Trileptal to calm myself down again. I took it with abilify and I just slept all day, so maybe it will not make me as sleepy, idk though, worth a try.

1 Like