Internet dating experiences

I tried once one Internet dating service, but with no luck, they actually kicked me out from this dating service, I suppose they did not like me or something. After that I have not tried any Internet dating sites.

Yeah, it’s not the best experience. It at least lets you see who’s out there in the community.

what is the chance one can date a cute virgin girl on internet dating sites?

1 Like

I met some of my closest male friends through internet dating sites, and also, I met, Brian, my current boyfriend, on POF.

I have also met quite a lot I didn’t care for, some I searched out just for artists, or just for writers, and we exchanged emails for a little while.

2 Likes

why were you kicked out. I’ve never heard of this. Did you do something? I think internet dating is great, you can meet a lot of people, a lot of my friends met their partner through online dating. Once I created an account just to check for someone in my area and a lot of guys sent me request to see my picture. I deleted the account immediately but I think it’s so much fun. you should give it a try if you can behave :o)

you should probably not mention that you have an illness anywhere until you meet someone you really like.

I’ve used all of them with success meaning I did find someone to have sex with and that was what I wanted. But I also ended up in a couple of actual relationships which mental illness on my part or their part brought to an end after a matter of months.

I tend to only do well with people older than I am. I can’t really stand immaturity and naïveté (however it’s spelled) means clueless basically.

I think okcupid is â– â– â– â–  though. It even asked me if I had a mental illness. Tinder has landed me lots of dates, and one relationship which lasted all of last semester. Plenty of fish ended me up in a couple of like two month long relationships, one of which I was dumped and the other I called off.

Craiglists landed me a friend with benefits. No regrets there. That was a great learning experience/I needed to have those experiences.

Match.com sucks ass do not try it.

I can say from experience that relationships can consume your life. I mean it is a huge investment and I am not talking about the petty cost of a meal or a bottle of wine for an evening with your partner. No I mean you will become emotionally invested and perhaps addicted to the person, and you also take on their problems when you commit to being with them.

But it is also really nice to be intimate by all means with someone. That and men are hard wired to go out there and have sex, that is a true fact, and it helps.

I met only one of my exes not online, my first one from high school.

And be prepared for whatever. I’ve been on dates with people who barely passed high school to people with graduate degrees, and even a med student (I had a relationship with the med student, we were both crazy).

I crave crazy people.

I am crazy…so it’s not actually crazy to like crazy people when I am one.

1 Like

Only used Grindr and Craigslist, when I was hot. Those basically were just sex hook ups.

When I was 19, I did meet a guy on the old AoL chat rooms. We were in a relationship for a year, and now 11years later he still is my best friend.

Never used dating services. I returned to celibacy after attempting to put together a marriage with a girl in my early 20’s.

I told her very specifically, “You are the first & the last.” I am never returning to relationships so long as I humanly live. Losing my virginity pre-marriage and pouring out my mind for someone else was a terrible experience. My only shot at stripping myself of celibacy is if the next world, afterlife, whatever-you-call-it is more open to the concept. Too many ill people in this world.

This sounds like someone who would kill himself or kill her because it’s fatalistic.

Don’t become that way.

Lose your attachment slowly, gradually into something you CAN achieve.

Oh no, that wouldn’t be me. I felt very fulfilled as a celibate. Very Zen. It’s impossible for me to want to go back, at this point in time. Sometimes I hope never, I hope to be a spiritual eunuch and enjoy the other pleasures of life more deeply in place of so-called “love”. That would be quite the refreshment.

2 Likes

GOSH!
I was on Plentyoffish, Dating4Disabled and Match.

Plentyoffish has meet and greets in the big cities at a bar. Neat people. Get opportunity to mingle around with the members and chat later/whatever.

Match is my favorite. Gives most information and biggest site. Met my dear friend forever on there.

Met some good hang out friends on Craigslist. Ladies aren’t a problem on craigslist if she will host – less chances of meeting a nut case you can’t ditch.

Meetup.com is good place to check for dating groups and activity friends. Most large cities have LOTS of groups listed on this site. This website is planning place for lots of social groups like dating and some business networking stuff, plus a few sales people trying to market their business as hang out place & charge a ton. Rest is really affordable get togethers, camping, travel…can meet people with same likes.

2 Likes

Met my husband 8 years ago

1 Like

I tried it but I got a lot of unwanted attention which I don’t deal with very well. I’m thinking about trying Grindr, since you can exclude people there, but I heard it’s all about sex and I’m not so interested in that. I mean I love sex but I don’t need it to be happy.

The students at the U I was at eight years ago did a follow-on research project on Internet dating recently. Turned out that even on the so-called “niche” or “narrow-band” websites (say, like “Farmers Only”), the most “successful” users tended to be those who were exceedingly “bland,” “homogenous,” “common,” “politically correct” and “culturally normal.” Which doesn’t sound like sz to me.

1 Like

That is interesting. Do you remember how they operationalized success?

Roughly, “found partners who seemed attractive, attracted and mutually interested.” Long-term compatibility was not measured at this point.

1 Like

That’s kind of a false representation, since most people on there, or guys anyway, are marginally good looking, thought they often say, “I have a steady job,” so I think they might want to providers?

I don’t know, but once you cut through the sexual stuff, you get a sense of who might care about you as a person, and these are typically guys I keep as friends. I don’t sleep with them, and I don’t make any advances at all, just ask for basic friendship, and they seem cool with that, but I wonder.

1 Like

i dont want to be so personal with you but were you a virgin when meeting your partner? just asking dont make a big deal out of it.

1 Like

No but he was x