Increase Abilify or start on Invega?

I finally got to talk to my PDOC today, and she said I have two options. Either, I can increase my abilify from 25mg daily to 30mg, or she can start me on Invega.

I don’t know what to choose. Invega is way more expensive, but I feel like the Abilify is only helping so much.
And with both positive and negative symptoms slowly becoming more apparent, I no longer feel I can choose to do nothing.

Does anyone have any experience with Invega? Or both?
What do you guys think I should do?

Invega is awful , recommend abilify

Could you elaborate? Why is it awful?

Im on invega and cant see well ,cant sleep- have terrible restlessness sometimes and dont feel good on it. I felt better on abilify 20mg

I’m on invega, no side effects , had some weight gain at first. It saved me

2 Likes

@Mihail Ok, thank you for sharing :slight_smile:
Anyone else have any experience with this?

2 Likes

I’m on Invega 9 mg and it’s the best AP for me, except weight gain. No hallucinating, no anxiety, no depression, etc etc. it works great on me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Invega 3mg here, weight gain but can still manage to lose if dieting and pretty stable, that’s it

1 Like

I fear the weight gain, but I think I’m going to try the Invega.
It’s very expensive, but my father has offered to pay for it.

4 Likes

I just got a call from my school, and I have to start this semester on the 9th of august. That’s not enough time for me to get used to new meds!
What the heck do I do now?

I was on invega, 110 mg I think. i gained a ton of weight from it. I had restlessness side effects and trouble staying asleep, trouble concentrating and drowsiness, I went off it because of weight gain, I am now on 40 mg Latuda and it is not causing too much appetite increase compared to invega.

I took the injection form of invega btw. Also I just wanted to tell you that Jesus loves you very much