How many here from the old forum?

i know a few here kept the same name but i’m guessing some of them changed it but my question is how many people were here when the old forum was here? and how active were you,

people from the old forum i know of are @77nick77 @pob @jukebox @mortimermouse me

its hard to remember now, i wish they kept a log bc i would have liked to reminisce about old times and people, is there anything of the old forum left that we can look at? @SzAdmin

1 Like

I had less than 100 posts but I was turningthepageonschizophrenia on the old forum. I was mostly too paranoid to post though.

Oh man I started out not knowing jack crap on there lol.

I owe some giving back now that I have a decent knowledge of this stuff.

2 Likes

i remember the old forum. but i rarely posted because i was delusional and paranoid.

I was here, and active when in the right mind. But I don’t remember my usernames. There used to be a way to view the archived forum, but I don’t think you can anymore.

You still can o think it’s archive.org

But I couldn’t find any of my posts

I used to be ‘creativecravings’

2 Likes

I started on the old forum.
I was not doing so well back then.
I like the new and improved version a lot better.

2 Likes

People used to post all the time, now it’s just a handful of people.

1 Like

Were there posters LWD1982,Shaka 3,Moonbeamsi.Miss dose people…

1 Like

Jamesgirl, MisterLister, PatchofBlue, Simon from New Zealand, and Eric from Brazil, and Daydreamer

2 Likes

i posted on there sometimes, just the same username cbbrown

2 Likes

Yeah, this forum is way better than the old one. I’m sure people from the old forums remember that the site crashed every two or three months with no warning and could stay down for as long as three weeks. It was very frustrating. The best part of these new forums is there’s no more Wiliam99 to bother everybody like he did on the old forums.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s better, much more prone to suspensions and mediocrity, but yes, better use.

Much easier to adjust the signal to noise ratio by turning the volume of trolls down. Makes for a more recovery focused community. Of course, this isn’t popular with those who have no interest in recovery.

2 Likes

I think this is either the third or fourth version of the forums I’ve been on. Been through a few usernames over the years. I know I’ve used the site since at least 1998.

3 Likes

I registered on the old forums just before it changed to this one. I was mostly reading. Not posting. I was paranoid and thought people knew me IRL and it was a plot to catch me, so I could not post.

2 Likes

I was using the old forum for about two years before it got updated.

I remember one mod was Dugal and one was bevkay or something.

2 Likes

I’ve been on various incarnations of the forum on and off(mostly on) since about 1998/1999. Have used various user names before settling on firemonkey( some changes were due to having hissy fits then coming back and others due to an account no longer working due to technical glitches.)
I very much posted in the news section with only the occasional post in the diagnosed and other sections. This was despite the fact that from 1998/99-2005 I still had my schizoaffective mixed type diagnosis.
Since being on this version I have taken to posting more generally although I still post a lot of news stuff.
For some reason I feel I belong here more whereas on previous versions I felt like a sympathetic outsider and hence rarely strayed outside the news forum.

And you raise standards? How?