How do you fight with lack of motivation?

Have you some methods or drugs which helped you?Lack of motivation can be caused by seroquel(300 mg)?

I take Seroquel too. With XR version I had some difficulty with waking up drowsy but the regular one once lowered doesn’t make me tired in the mornings. My solution to lack of motivation is to push myself and once I’m in the targeted element I usually feel better. It’s the “before” part that’s hard!

What dosage do you take?

100 mg at bedtime.

any other meds do you take?100 is very low dosage :slight_smile:

Coffee or energy drink. Sometimes sarcosine

1 Like

I’ve had a lack of motivation from the beginning. I wish I knew what helped. I’m hoping I can come up with some kind of achievement from my life.

1 Like

Most people wait around for motivation to strike them out of the blue. But actually motivation can be had by taking action. This is not gauenteed to work but motivation can be had by doing some little small action for yourself. Take one small step such as maybe doing the dishes or vacuuming the carpet or reading just ten pages of a book you like or taking a short walk. Then maybe the next day, take a little longer walk or reading a little more.

These accomplishments can make you feel like doing more. You build upon these actions and you do just a little more each day and it will snowball and you will feel like doing more each day until you can make a few even bigger steps and maybe you can go out for coffee at a restaurant or go to the library or have a conversation with your neighbor.
Chances are that motivation will not just strike someone magically one day out of nowhere.

3 Likes

The last time avolition hit me, I used a Recovery technique: “move the muscles and the mind will follow.” A simple slogan that, if followed, will allow you to take some action.

1 Like