Got a new Hobby!

I recently bought a nice acoustic guitar - learning to play again - its been a while since I picked up a guitar, and so far I am digging it!
:smile: :guitar:

15 Likes

Totally envious!

1 Like

Most excellent.

1 Like

Oh how cool! I must get new hobbie

1 Like

cool.
take care

1 Like

You can also buy a pickup for it, they go right in the hole, and plug in if you wish at some point.

There are also a lot of cool effects to use in such a situation.

1 Like

I tried to learn the guitar once, I still have it, maybe some time I will try again.

1 Like

Welcome to the site @Kimi - yeah try it, sounds good

Ha, if I tried to play the guitar I’d just feel like a moron, like I did before when I tried to play one. My brain just isn’t built for it I guess. I admire you.

1 Like

@Wave Just keep practicing !! that goes for all of you…you can really learn to sing and play anything you want…you just have to keep trying…

1 Like

Now you will be able to impress the ladies with your mad skills. I have a guitar from when I was a kid. I have an accordion too. I kind of collect instruments that I can’t play.

2 Likes

@Wave, Very cool that your getting back into your music.

Did you play as a teen?

My brother and I were exposed to music at an early age - I used to play the drums and some bass guitar - my brother is a very good guitar player - I dabbled with the guitar in my youth. I used to sing for a little while in a ‘garage’ band, made up of me, my brother and a friend, and some guitar genius - nerd from High School - this all happened before my full blown disorder arrived. Our band covered a lot of Rolling Stones stuff - funny thing is that I am not a big fan of the Stones

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite guitars Wave, I play guitar but sort of quit for awhile myself. I hope you write some great songs!

2 Likes

Billy Duffy plays a Gretsch guitar - the Falcon - He is the lead guitarist of the Cult
Nice pic!

1 Like

That bigsby mechanism is SO HARD to restring though…just look at how it wraps around and stuff…it can be a real pain to restring. BUT, it has miniature humbucker pickups that really can crunch and a lot of other players don’t like it yet I love it…think I’ll restring it today and start pickin away! Great way to go huh!

2 Likes

I would love a Gretsch guitar! Think neil Young sometimes plays one. Have a fender myself.

2 Likes

That’s awesome you got a guitar. I also play. Check out Marty Schwartz on YouTube. He breaks songs down and teaches you how to play them. Songsterr is also a great resource. It goes through the song without the lyrics and shows you the rhythm as it plays the tabs. I love playing the guitar. My problem is though that I start to learn a song and then want to learn another song and than jump to another song. In the end I’ve only learned pieces because I get so ADD about it. Have fun though! :sunny:

1 Like

Wave,

Have you found this site yet?

Tonnes of free tutorials in the right sequence to build your skills.

10-96

1 Like

I think I have visited - there are a lot of youtube guitar videos on how to play - thanks for the info @pixel