Effects of childhood and adolescence physical activity patterns on psychosis risk—a general population cohort study

2 Likes

here comes a @firemonkey again …May be first post after ur birthday …!! hope some day u post about cure …!!

I had heard that people who go on to develop psychosis/schizophrenia are often,but not always,worse at sports. Whether that, or the bullying/ostracising that occurs due to being poor at sports, is a trigger is a point to ponder.

If sports are made unpleasant for those who are not athletically skilled ,in that they are met with negative reactions from adults and peers, is it any wonder some back away from sporting activities?

I was that child who was poor at sports-ostracised and bullied.

2 Likes

Sorry firemonkey I was always good at sport …!!! i was table tennis champ at my school …!!

Same here, @firemonkey. I was and remain very uncoordinated. But I wasn’t attracted to sports either. I used to go hiking a lot.

Same here
The below is also a basic description of me
Children, who would later develop schizophrenia, were found to be less responsive, have less eye contact and positive affect, as well as worse fine and gross motor coordination.

1 Like

I was very athletic but slightly shy and introverted.
I had depression and anxiety disorder.
I was still able to play competitive ice hockey and wrestle 4 years on varsity. I wasn’t gifted but I was pretty good.

I was a top level spaz in school, but I could ride a horse. :smile:

If not for my brother’s love of kickball, I probably wouldn’t have gotten any experience with sports in my free time. I was on the basketball team in elementary though.

I was very physically fit as a teenager.

OMG

i lisped, i fell over and hated how much - now i just drop everything! and spill and i’ve always been a weird dresser

didn’t know dressing dypraxia was even a thing

fire monkey
i have blamed it on Cannabis but eff eff eff

i don’t think it was some kind of co incidence or substance misuse thing
i thought bought on by hash but god!

that would make it my fault

i had every marker going

In my case, my fitness level is good, but before the illness it was poor.
I developed my fitness after the onset of the disease.

We can supposed that sz is latent during childhood before premorbid/prodromal phases under the attenuated form of excessive shyness, social anxiety, introversion, incoordination, etc… That was my case. So it tends to prove sz pre-exists premorbidity, from the very early fertilization of ovule.

I felt also in my case that sz was present in my case before the onset as well( it is called prodromal phase).
Like you I feel that in my case it is true as well.( to y76)

However,in my case in the premorbid period the cognitive effects of the disease were relatively mild.

Not sure for me was always active
Was on the gymnastics display team and now track and swim stopped dancing

I am told I have a grace full way of moving I am not sure guess is just different for all of us