Do you try to use your intelligence to go beyond stigma?

I feel am not only schizophrenic, I am a person, but sometimes I feel I am unable to achieve normal acceptance as it occurs in many illnesses, but I also think I am particularly depreciated and no, it is not my imagination nor the disease speaking. So I believe there must be a way to find counter measures, some way to define some boundaries. What are your thoughts on this?

6 Likes

Assertiveness. Stand up for yourself and donā€™t let others tell you who you are. :slight_smile: It wonā€™t fix the issue but I think it might help.

5 Likes

Realise that some people will like you and some wonā€™t and it has nothing to do with schizophrenia.

4 Likes

I can be intelligent enough to know that stigma is based on incorrect assumptions. But, what do you do if the people with the stigmatizing assumptions are too ignorant to realize that they are wrong?

1 Like

Tell them to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. You donā€™t need those people in your life. Youā€™re better than that. Youā€™re worth more than their assumptions.

3 Likes

I use my intelligence to do more than what I am supposed to be able to do as a person with sza, though Iā€™m not sure how much that really does regarding stigma.

1 Like

My intelligence is my defence mechanism, Iā€™m very submissive but I often use my intelligence to make me seem ā€˜moreā€™ than my diagnosis.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good question. I live in a rural farming town where people sit around big tables drinking coffee at restaurants speaking angrily and loudly about illnesses that are in peopleā€™s heads entitling them to money these men earned even though they shouldnā€™t be given a cent. I often suspect we are supposed to just die according to the local opinion and I wonā€™t pretend that doesnā€™t make me mad as hell.

I frequently imagine a letter to the editor or an article in the paper but suspect the problems I would bring upon myself with this could be very stressful. Nothing in the paper can be anonymous and the town is so small. Iā€™m still planning this in my mind all the time, though.

My time is school has only caused everyone and their mom to inquire about my finish date and my goals often in rude and condescending ways. God forbid Iā€™d try. My husband is a ā€œbig fishā€ and things have improved since we got married. However, Iā€™d really like to see universal and sincere improvement. Iā€™m not the only schizophrenic here. I get pretty worked up imagining theyā€™ve been treated like I have been.

1 Like

Implacement and placement

Understand each idea to the extent of the entirety of this relation is of bounds of self perception, (or how you see yourself)

And the truth being is your where your feet are, such a idea is not of actual measures and is rather of perception of how things work and are, the truth being your in control of everything you do, you only, and this type of thinking is not actual and is a way of thinking in your psyche and probably is only in your psyche, being of mind and not of actual life.

Take this idea (it being something of perception, perception not being actual/real) As it all is first person/self thinking, and think of all the reasoning as your own. this idea not being of actual life but self thinking of how things work.

itā€™s like itā€™s off the mark in some irrational thinking of control/uncontrol,
But really it is your own way of thinking of placement and function, and is most likely and realistic caused by you not feeling in place, or things arenā€™t functioning the way you see it.

this manner of thinking is most likely caused and influenced by elements of schizophrenia,
Wickedness, beliefs of morality, convictions and unfamiliarity of the state of mind, rejection of convictions, as you could probably understanding why such measuring of thinking would happen with the territory.

Well thereā€™s my psychological report, the synapsis of this issue being rather of self perception, and self rejection of elements of this illness.

Iā€™d say self acceptance, humanistic thinking towards your illness, understanding/ coherence, listening to your inner thinking rather then consistently denying, self clarity of one owns thinking and choices, first person control being what is real, should help with this.

1 Like