Do you tend to give up to the devil on your shoulder when trying to get rid of some of your habbits?

Why do I lose the battle to the devil on my shoulder, when trying to change or lose a bad habbit? As example - when I’ve quit smoking tobacco for a while, I feel a LOT healthier. But then I check myself that do I really want to quit and start making excuses, why smoking is part of me. Am I affraid that my life will turn to something boring if I quit smoking? YES!

My father said that quit smoking and you’ll have a lot more money for beer. Indeed. Even tho I should not keep drinking so much either. I am an addict beer drinker and tobacco smoker without balls.
Anyway, I want to quit smoking and drink only a little - and somethimes have a party and drink a bit more than usually. Feel me?

Those are very tough addictions. Tobacco is as addictive as almost any drug while alcohol most people can not do alone. Some ppl need Aa, I need medication to help me quit.

1 Like

I agree with @Goyankees . Those 2 things are highly addictive. Most people can’t give them up on their own and need help to do so. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

I’m another person who quit alcohol by going to AA. I had to switch to vaping an ecig to give up cigarettes. Even then giving up cigarettes was difficult.

1 Like

I have a horrible time ignoring the Devil when there is a tasty snack involved. I’ve been pretending I don’t own a popcorn maker all week this week. Need to cut back on the carbs.

I am unable to drink in small amounts. I’ve tried and invariably have outbreaks of handcuffs. Total abstinence is the only solution for me. 25+ years sober in AA and enjoying life now other than being overweight.

1 Like

smoking is part of my personality, it may sound silly, but it’s true. I won’t quit just for health reasons. I don’t mind.