David Bowie had SZ in family

I was shaken up by Bowie’s death. He was Alladin Sane (a lad insane)
He did drugs at time that might have contributed to a breakdown.
He was very creative so did a touch of sz help with dissociation, so he could assume many personalities?
Discuss?

1 Like

Well that only makes him more relate-able to me… So that’s cool to me…

It would show probably most in his deviance from the norm…

It’s funny how drug users are seeking to have hallucinations and alternate perceptions of reality… then they develop SZ and regret the whole thing.

A member in my family does say that they can hear voices and stuff after smoking marijuana… which is something they rarely/never do… I mean it does show that in my genetics… it is hereditary and brought out by marijuana consumption to some degree.

I was kind of the first member of my family to really branch off and explore drug use… Beyond me everyone preceding was very strict. So who knows which people in my ancestry might have been susceptible…

Sad to see bowie go… but his last album was my favorite hands down…

I mean his character was a steadfast icon for a lot of people who couldn’t relate to the norm… to have that include SZ as well… just knowing he had personal exposure to the illness and probably a sympathetic view towards it… It softens the blow a bit in having this illness. Just cultural presence at all… in the same vein as Syd Barret… and I’m sure there are a few others.

Good thread @katwomansz

1 Like

I think it’s strange that people take drugs to feel strange and see things and we take meds (drugs?) to try not to feel strange.

I think in Bowies case he was able to harness his differences from others in a creative way. Like Syd and maybe Brian Wilson ?

I wish I could be more creative and before delusions set in too deep I would write about them. But then it descended to just nonsense and I would write no more about it. Now I want to reject my dark periods, deny them and think of only wellness if I can.

I find it gratifying to know the depths of what I’ve seen… Embodies a deeper level of the human experience.

Insanity… I’ve come to know it and for that I’m almost thankful… the world sustained me through this… I got to meet all of you wonderful people…

You’re a good lady ms SZ… the past is no longer present. Make the most of what your current state is…

You are wise and solid… We all have chaos inside… even muggles… Riding the storm out of this involuntary life.

1 Like