CBD (Cannabis) for Schizophrenia

I was just researching CBD for the treatment of epilepsy (I have a dog who is epileptic), but came across some fascinating articles about CBD being used for the alleviation of the symptoms of schizophrenia. It seems like the research is just beginning and we are a ways away from a CBD pill hitting the market, though.

My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia several years ago, so I am interested in CBD as an alternative or supplemental treatment for him. He has experienced many negative side effects from the drugs he is currently on, including weight gain. It sounds like CBD can be just as effective as commonly prescribed pharmaceutical options for schizophrenia, but without the uncomfortable side effects.

Has anyone had any direct experience with using CBD oils, capsules, tinctures, or gums? Or I also wonder if beneficial results could be achieved from smoking marijuana strains that are high in CBD, but low in THC? Any information about personal experiences and doses of CBD are appreciated.

Thank you.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/16/new-strain-cannabis-treat-psychosis-schizophrenia-gw-pharmaceuticals-david-potter