Can anyone tell me a medicine that can increase interest in life

Medicine for loss of interest in life for schizophrenia patients

1 Like

Whilst most of our antipsychotics work well for positive symptoms for most people the negative symptoms are often left. I’d imagine the next breakthrough in research is drugs that target the negatives.

Meanwhile. You do what you can and you try what works. We are all different in how we respond to medication.

1 Like

in my case apathy was diminished by ordinary ssri + ap combo

3 Likes

Bhakta how are u …have u started ur business…!!!

Wellbutrin has helped me with negative symptoms like lack of interest in anything.

Sertralina cinfa 100mg works for me.

Are apathy and lack of emotions negative symptoms of schizophrenia or do they are antipsychotics bad side effects?

I ask that question because I started to have these problems right away when I started the antipsychotic. When I was untreated, I had none of them.

I’m pretty much sure that if I stop the antipsychotic, the apathy and the lack of emotions will go away.

I suspect many so called symptoms of schizophrenia to be in reality medication side effects.

2 Likes

This is true for me too. And different AP’s have different degrees of emotional flattening. I’ve switched from Risperdal to Rexulti and am noticing a difference.

Of course, maybe the medication industry want us to believe that the side effects of their medication are in reality mental illness symptoms.

And I’m not being paranoid at all. I just don’t want to be naive.

Find a hobby that engages you. I like to write, podcast, and take pictures. And mess around in a kitchen.

I shouldn’t have named one medicine because each medicine works differently for each person. I should have said I take an anti-depressant that has helped me with negative symptoms like lack of interest in anything.

1 Like

Wellbutrin seems to make things better for me things aren’t great but better. No saying it will work for you since drugs affect others differently.

it is a shame that scientist are unable to make drugs for negative symptoms of schizhophrenia.it would make our life easier

1 Like

Bhakta it takes time to develop medicine that cures sz…and i am looking forward to it…

They were symptoms of sz even before the meds were invented, but yes, the meds can make them worse.

1 Like

We have a saying in AA:

“Fake it 'til you make it.”

Believe it or not, it does work. If you fake being cheerful you will eventually get into the habit of being cheerful. A lot of recovery is about replacing negative habits with positive ones. The example above is one way that AA members reprogram their behaviour.

1 Like

Gaba in the max dose does this very well for me… tomm i have a job pouring a concrete ramp at a church… it will be fun…