Are you taking anything for anxiety?

I take cipralex (lexapro) it has really helped my anxiety.

1 Like

I was on 6 mg (2mg TID) but my pdoc decreased it because I am on so many other meds and it was dangerous.

1 Like

I take 3 x 5mg valium daily helps a lot with anxiety

1 Like

Iā€™m on aripiprazole too and having terrible anxiety this last while, Iā€™ve been taking diazepam but it isnā€™t helping, I need to ask my psych about how else to deal with this as it is hellish. Diazepam used to help but I think I have built a tolerance to it. I might ask about propanalol, itā€™s a beta blocker and meant to be good for the physical symptoms of anxiety.

My psychiatrist finally prescribed me something for anxiety. Ativan 1mg as needed.

2 Likes

I take the same

200 mg Zoloft working good

1 Like

nothing works for me :frowning:

Iā€™ve been prescribed clonazapam and lorazepam.
Theyā€™ve taken away both because I was honest.
Oh well

1 Like

why take anyhing for anxietyā€¦switch to something that doesnt cause you anxiety.Jjust sayin cause most anxiety meds like benzos are addictive and some others you can build and immunity to whichcould just wind you back where you started or worse.

1 Like

When I got that from Abilify, I was on an ssri and it did not help. The only thing that worked for that anxiety was Ativan in my case.

1 Like

2mg Ativan prn, I usually try breathing technique first though because Ativan is causing blackouts

1 Like

So many people on anti-anxiety medicines. Are you taking it for situational anxiety, episodes of anxiety, panic attacks, or generalized or chronic anxiety, or social anxiety? Which type of anxiety goes with which meds?

1 Like

I take klonopin for chronic non-stop anxiety it works well

Xanax saved me today while visiting with extended family.

I have quit taking anxiety medsā€¦ I know thatā€™s not possible in every case but ive noticed a dramatic drop in anxiety since stopping themā€¦ now I just do deep breathingā€¦ if I catch it early enough I can usually nip it in the butt before it becomes a monsterā€¦ but again I know this is not an option for a lotā€¦hell even in my case I wouldnā€™t have made it without anxiety meds last yearā€¦

I take .5 mg of Ativan prn but since the haldol injection Iā€™ve needed it less

I do take 2 mg of clonazepam per day, but 50 mg of Seroquel is more effective for my anxiety.