Are you taking anything for anxiety?

I have abilify induced anxiety. I’m having success with L-theanine but it’s making me depressed probably because I’m taking so much of it.

What do you take for anxiety?

3 Likes

My meds on the background are not doing it. I needed a psychological wisdom to really do it.
I had to learn this: Keep your mind/thoughts indeteminated. As if you do this, you won’t get hits of morality.

1 Like

The mood stabilizer Depakote ER also works wonders for my Anxiety.
Better than Klonopin ever did.

You might want to ask your doctor to be placed on a mood stabilizer or Antidepressant if you can handle it.

These would take care of your depression and anxiety at the same time.

3 Likes

I take Ativan the odd days, I try not to get hooked on it, 1mg

2 Likes

I take 0.5 mg ativan for anxiety, as needed

Also 20 mg lexapro

3 Likes

I take Lexapro, which is an antidepressant, for anxiety. When I started taking it I had this overwhelming sense of dread all day every day, but it started working really quickly and I just don’t have anxiety past normal everyday normal person anxiety now. Well not much anyway. I still don’t so well in crowds, but I know a lot of normal people who don’t do well in crowds so I wouldn’t say there’s any difference between me and any normal person.

2 Likes

I take buspirone right now, but I was on hydroxyzine pam for a while, that worked faster than buspirone, but my pdoc felt that I’d be better on buspirone (I don’t know why)

I haven’t taken my buspirone consistently for a long time (like months, if not longer), so I can’t really say if it’s effective, although if it were effective I’d probably take it more often.

1 Like

.5 klonopin dailyyyy

3 Likes

I was on Klonopin for a long time, but my pdoc took me off it when I told him I had given a couple of my pills to a girl who was craving heroin. He did wean me off it gradually. Oh well, live and learn.

3 Likes

I wish I could get back on my meds of Topamax and Haldol. My moods get very depressing and a constant headache is pretty disabling, even on a good day.
Being derailed by these moods is not for sissies, it takes it’s toll by sucking my life down the drain.

Hope you find something to help your anxiety, sorry I’m not much help.

1 Like

I take .25 mg of Xanax.

3 Likes

I think my depression is self inflicted though, due to 800mg of L-theanine. But I didn’t know it was good for anxiety. Thanks.

2 Likes

Today I took a 200mg dose of Theanine (first time in many years) about an hour ago, but man…I feel sad.
My sadness is coming out and I’m crying, but maybe that’s a good thing. I haven’t cried like this in a while.

I usually don’t feel emotions.

My anxiety is gone though.

1 Like

For generalized anxiety, I take Hemp oil 500 mg and CBD oil 5 mg both in the am, and I take Klonipin 0.25 mg in the afternoon. They all work great.

1 Like

My medication for my mental illness, chlorpromazine, fluoxetine and trazodone, also stop me feeling anxious.
Some people find therapy helpful as well as Meds.

1 Like

I take ativan. But it’s not working anymore. I don’t have much anxiety these days anymore though so i don’t take the ativan as much.

1 Like

I heard good things about Buspirone

2 Likes

I take 4 mg of Klonopin and 30mg of Restoril.

I started taking Klonopin, anti-depressants don’t work for me.

2 Likes

Wow 4 mg’s is a lot…