All over the US

There are people who don’t know that tomorrow they will have fewer fingers.

5 Likes

Yeah, fireworks are illegal where I live but that doesn’t stop people from lighting them off. With the hot and dry weather, its like a tinderbox. :unamused:

I once had a firecracker go off pretty much between my fingers (was trying to toss it when it went off), and it hurt like hell. I was jumping around, spewing obscenities. Fingers swelled and turned greyish, but I got to keep them.

2 Likes

Makes me think of poor Giant’s lineman jason pierre-paul. His hand got badly mangled from firework accident a couple years back. He got so much flack from the media, borderline ridiculed, i just felt sorry for the poor guy.

There was a guy … maybe last year or the year before, who put one of those pro-quality aerial fireworks on his head. Ended about like you’d expect.

The more dangerous something is, the more attractive it is to dumb people.

1 Like

It is nice to be courageous and brave and do crazy things as horrifying as these are sometimes.

I prefer swimming with dolphins thou

I heard we usually average 7 deaths a year from fireworks, never would have guessed

Yeah and then there are the folks who like to shoot guns in the air as a secondary celebratory noisemaker. Apparently, they forget that what goes up must come down. :confused:

1 Like

terminal velocity renders them non lethal… will still hurt like hell im sure though… the hot shell freshly ejected landing in your anything also hurts like all the cussword combos your brain can make… lol… last night the city did its fireworks show… but tonight thor is joining in with all the illegal fireworks…lol

3 Likes

@flameoftherhine beat me to it.

It looks like celebratory gunfire can result In fatalities although it’s not very common.

1 Like

I’ve had a regular, standard firecracker go off in my hand. It hurt, but it scared me more than anything. A lot of that depends on how you hold the firecracker. I saw this one guy set off a firecracker that he held in his teeth.

Right now, it sounds as if they are blowing up my entire neighborhood. I wonder if anything will be left.

Same in my neighborhood. My dog is running around barking. It’s gonna be a delightful night. :angry:

My co-person is playing the most awful rain sounds white noise tracks to distract our dogs. It sounds like an honest to god grease fire in our kitchen :pouting_cat:

3 Likes

I’ve trying turning the TV up loud and turned the exhaust fan over the stove and several other fans on as white noise sources. So now the only difference is instead of fireworks and dog barking, I now have the noise of fireworks, dog barking, loud TV, and three fans. :tired_face:

4 Likes

Grease fire seems to do the trick here! And our dogs are legendary barkers :dog2:

1 Like

I’m lying on the sofa and my dog is currently curled up on the sofa next to my head. I just have the TV and one fan running now. She’s no longer barking even though the fireworks are still going off. She is doing much better than last year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too bad. Prime example of a problem solving itself.