Aesop's Fable 29 May 2017

The Moon and Her Mother

The moon once begged her mother to make her a gown. “How can I?” replied she; “there’s no fitting your figure. At one time you’re a new moon, and at another you’re a full moon; and between whiles you’re neither one nor the other.”

3 Likes

From the internet:

The moral of this story is that those who constantly change never get what they truly desire. You have to be consistent and single-minded to achieve your goals.

5 Likes

Thanks for that … I thought the moral was that some mothers are just sour pusses.

1 Like

Haha! That could be the second moral ! :smile:

1 Like

Is this by Aesop Rock?

1 Like

No, This is from Aesop’s Fables … old stories with morals. They usually involve animals learning a lesson.

I bought a new book of them recently and decided to add to my hopeful quote of the day. But when I got home from the store I realised I already had a book of Aesop’s Fables.

1 Like

Lol yeah didn’t think so. Didn’t seem like him but I know you like him so you never know :expressionless:

1 Like

Good memory JJ! He is my favourite.

1 Like

Lol I didn’t know he was your favorite but how could I forget??? I remember everything, especially things like this :wink:

Maybe the moral is don’t trust single-minded sourpusses. @everhopeful @anon84763962

2 Likes

Oh man. Now we have 3 morals! :grimacing:

1 Like

Well it’s better to have three morals than no morals!!!

2 Likes