A disappointing start to the cpap usage

I slept about 2 hours tonight with the cpap on.

I remember waking up several times, including the time I just decided to get back up 10 minutes or so ago.

It is not looking promising for resolving my sleep issues.

And, I stayed up all day without any naps to make sure it was not causing lack of sleep at night…

I think you have to do it awhile before you get used to it.

2 Likes

I’m A CPAP Dropout: Why Many Lose Sleep Over Apnea Treatment - KFF Health News.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks. I’m going to keep trying but I was hoping for at least some improvement at first.

Hoping that I could at least maybe get 3 or 4 hours straight in once I got to sleep.

Right now, it actually seems to have made things worse :confused:

1 Like

Yeah hang in there and give it a good go.

Psychiatry treatment should teach you patience over anything. :slight_smile: . It’s hit or miss but the results can take a while.

I hope it works for you. I’m sleeping like a baby drinking lots of coffee. Not sure it’s sustainable but you only live once!

1 Like

Are you a side sleeper?

side and back. I remember moving and trying both in that couple hours.

It sounds horrible. I dont know how people are supposed to sleep with those straps, the tube, and the mask. Maybe it stops sleep apnea by stopping sleep? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh I see now! It’s like Ozempic! Which stops you from eating by making you ill!

1 Like

This gives me a good idea for a public safety measure. We could totally reduce car accidents by taking away everyones drivers licenses.

I will be emailing my Senator tomorrow.

2 Likes

That’s why self driving cars have been invented. To help all the cpap intolerant people.

1 Like

Soon we will all be a bunch of bloated, sleepless zombies who cant drive.

No worries. When the large amount of built up gas is loudly expelled, it will both wake you up and propel you forward like a SpaceX rocket.

1 Like

I sleep with a cpap and it took me about a month to get used to it. So don’t give up.

2 Likes

I ended about wearing it about 3 hours last night total, then gave up and got another 3 hours in without it. I might have woken up once during the last 3.

Still very tired this morning. Sleep quality was not good :frowning: .

1 Like

I don’t use my cpap, it feels as if I’m suffocating while using it.

I have a mouth piece but it’s impossible to keep it in my mouth when trying to sleep. I spit it out and then sleep.

Yesterday I took a melatonin pill and tried to sleep but it was hard falling asleep. My circadian rhythm is messed up.

My cpap has a nose mask. I would like to use a full face mask but don’t know where to buy one.

1 Like

It took me about 2-3 months to get used to mine. One thing that helped was practicing using it while just laying down with my eyes closed, not for sleep purposes. It helped me troubleshoot what positions were more and less comfortable, what the best temperature and humidity level was for me, and other such things. It also slowly desensitized me to having something on my face.

Mine broke recently, and it will cost $500 to fix. That sucks, because I really had a great time using it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.