2017 Medicines in Development for Mental Illnesses

found a new list of drugs in the pipeline for mental illness.

http://phrma-docs.phrma.org/files/dmfile/MID_Mental-Illness-2017-Drug-List_Final.pdf

5 Likes

Hey opus what are u doing this afternoon…!!! Take care buddy…

1 Like

Hey man, just listening to music on youtube. What about you?

1 Like

Just up …eating some biscuit…

1 Like

choc i hope :slight_smile: !!!

1 Like

Hey opus there is no indication about which symptoms it works for …anyways it was cool…

It says you didnt look

1 Like

Can u tell me how many are for negative symptoms…plz.!!!

1 Like

Some recent news on this one - recruiting in phase 2 for motivational anhedonia. TAK-041

1 Like

thank you for posting @Opus

So are we going to have to take a pill for each symptom?

Might be a trend towards personalized medicine. Perhaps in the future a drug dose will be 3D printed for each person’s individual needs, with contents and dose according to individual need.

1 Like

That is cool. I wonder if my motivation issues stem solely from anhedonia. Or is it seperate avolition. Takeda is cool company, i tried their drug brintellix, its not one of those companies that hasnt created anything on market yet unlike iti or minerva. Good to see that.

It’s possible something new for depression could end up helping negative symptoms of sz and vice versa cuz of overlapping symptoms. Its happened b4 for depression.

1 Like

Yeah, I hope so. Some of the depression drugs act on the NMDA system, unsure if what they do will be helpful, but we’ll see I guess. Also some of the anxiety drugs might be helpful.

I don’t know how accurate this list is because the Pfizer sz drug PF-04958242 had a phase 2 trial terminated due to “portfolio reorganization” in 2016 and the one that it says genentech is pursuing, RG7203 was owned by Roche, who discontinued it. Now maybe genentech bought it, but they don’t list any sz meds in development on their website.

I did learn about some I hadn’t heard of before though. Lots and lots of ADHD meds.

Looks like this one is progressing.

And I didn’t know this was so far along.

http://www.karunapharma.com/our-approach/

“Xanomeline has been dosed to date in over 800 subjects and including a PET study establishing receptor occupancy. Over 150 patients have been dosed for up to six months, with a subset of these patients having been dosed for up to two to three years. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled monotherapy trial in schizophrenia patients, a significant 24-point reduction over placebo was observed in the Positive and Negative Symptom Scale”

1 Like

Looks like those are for positive symptoms. It seems like the drugs on the list opus posted are only american companies. Do u think there are a significant amount more in the works in europe and asia as well?

Some of them. Looks like quite a few focusing on cognitive impairment.

The Naben folks are in Taiwan and they’re listed but Pierre Farbe in France, with their novel phase 2 D3 antipsychotic, and Iproteos in Spain with their early stage drug for cognitive impairment in sz are not listed. Nor anything on cannabidiol (in sz anyway.)

1 Like

Also nothing on Vanderbilt University’s M4 schizophrenia drug, which I think they’re going to license, so maybe it won’t be under their name, but I didn’t see anything acting specifically on M4 so I don’t think it’s there. There is the karXT but that’s on M2 and 3 I think.

And there was that weird russian drug in the news last week that’s not on here lol