Zyprexa Update 5

I tried thiothixine for one night and I slept walked. Have no idea what happened to my hair brush lol

That’s the way I felt about perphenazine too

What was the highest dose of fluphenazine did you take?

1 Like

Total of 24mg/day @Winterblues

1 Like

Oh that sounds like a lot but I took the shot every 2 weeks 37.5mg plus the 15-20mg pills. Not saying you should try more but I know a guy that has paranoid sz as well from partial hospitalization and he started taking it (at the time he was seeing a black cat crawl around him) the cat was gone and he wasn’t as anxious/slept better.

I don’t know why everyone keeps suggesting prolixin. Were you ever on risperdal?

1 Like

@Winterblues I tried risperidone (Risperdal). It made my head bounce up and down and it was constant and didn’t even stop with Cogentin so we stopped it.

1 Like

That’s wonderful your husband can be with you! That makes a BIG difference! Who are your other supporters in life?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that

1 Like

I really only receive support from him, my case manager, and I used to have a therapist. I talk to my mom but I can’t tell her what’s going on. Plus she lives far away. I don’t talk to my dad much. He was severely abusive when I was a kid. My sister is very busy and only has time to talk when she’s the one with a problem. I have friends but not ones I rely on for support for mental illness

1 Like

Um, how do you do it? You just don’t tell your mom or your friends your struggles? How often do you see your case manager? Any opportunities yet from county health for another therapist?

1 Like

Hey @CoCo I hope if your pdoc prescribes Loxitane it helps you. I was on it for a little while. It was effective for me for a while until I built up tolerance. Only side effect I noticed was some sleepiness that got better over time.

1 Like

@FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter I just keep my struggles and fears to myself. I see my case manager once per month but I just found out that tomorrow I meet my new case manager. She and I will schedule an appointment and that’s when I’ll find out about seeing a therapist.

Thanks @Dreamer. I hope she lets me try it and that it helps me.

1 Like

I hope that for you too. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

1 Like