Zyprexa latuda or seroquel

Which one should I switch too? I’m afraid of getting diabetes from zyprexa but I heard seroquel helps with insomnia which one is good?

I found seroquel made me feel like a zombie. Sleeping all the time. Latuda is good overal but you have to eat when you take it which can be annoying. Never tried zyperexa.

1 Like

Everyone responds differently but generally Latuda is the lightest of the 3 and is weight neutral. I would try it first.

2 Likes

Latuda was weak for me, I was semi-psychotic on even 120mg. I had Seroquel as prn for sleep at night, it worked. Zyprexa I was on for a year from 2016-2017. I was eating too much, more than now, and gained lots of weight. I want to retry it now though.

1 Like

Zyprexa (Olanzapine) helps decrease my paranoia significantly

1 Like

I was on 80mg of Latuda. It took care of postivie symptoms, but it gave me pretty bad akathasia an hour after I took it. I had problems sleeping through the night too. I’d wake up at 3 or 4 am once a week when I was taking it. It worked well if I got quality sleep though.

1 Like

I have the same problem, I go to sleep earlier so I fall asleep before the akathisia comes…

1 Like

Same, I’d take mine at night with food an hour before I went to bed. Waking up at 3 am once or twice a week killed it for me. I switched to perphenazine earlier this year and its ok. Kind of like risperidone without the restlessness even though its an older ap.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.