"You're needy"

Voices are telling me I’m too needy. That I shouldn’t force people to talk to me by initiating conversation, and that I shouldn’t bother anyone (especially the hospital staff) with my worries.
Voices are saying I’m exaggerating and that my worries and opinions don’t matter.

I already feel small and insignificant :confused:
How do I stop this?

3 Likes

First and foremost you shouldn’t be hearing voices.at.all. Meds no longer work?

Second, voices usually bring out the insecurities already present in our subconscious mind. So you probably need to boost your self esteem a notch or two.

1 Like

They’re always there, even with meds.
They’re usually just background noise, but stress has amplified them again.
It happens sometimes

2 Likes

You are worthy. The hospital staff is there to help people. That includes you. They can’t help you if you don’t tell them what’s wrong. Listen, because this is really important, You are just as important as anyone else. You deserve care and treatment just like everyone else. You need to speak up now so that this hospitalization can do you some good or else it’s just a wasted trip. No one else knows what’s going on in your head but you. You have to speak up and let them know what’s going on. They are in the jobs their in to help people. If you reach out for help you are giving them the gift of letting them actually help you. If you stay closed off and pretend like everything is fine you’re robbing them of the satisfaction of helping you. Please know that you are worthy of their help and reach out. I love you and want you to feel better.

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:
i talked with them and my friend was there.
He told them how I have trouble feeling like my troubles are not worth mentioning, and we came up with some solutions.

3 Likes

Tell your therapist/doctor what the voices are saying to you. Tell the voices that they’re wrong and you’re going to continue and then do continue and don’t engage in arguments with the voices.
I’ll never forget the first time especially that I told Seraton, my companion angel, that I was going to tell my CBT therapist all about “him”. He was furious and threatened me, but I did tell, and the more I told about him, the more empowered I became.
I’m sorry your voices are jerks. But you have more power than they do. Do and say whatever you need to and eventually they’ll at least lessen their attempts to bully you. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.