Your favourite compliments

Would you want to tell me beautiful compliments you have gotten? Id love to hear them. Or if you didnt get compliments, things you find beautiful about yourself (inside/outside)? Dont be afraid to brag, it is just to share positive stuff! Even if you are insecure, try and think of something…everyone has positive things.

9 Likes

The best compliment I have gotten after my onset of physical disability was, “You are so strong.”
I’ve always felt weak, to be honest. My joints can crack and pop so easily. And hearing this, I had tears in my eyes.

15 Likes

I was on the window seat in an airplane wearing my leather jacket and the older woman sitting next to me asked me if I was a pilot. I thought that was pretty cool.

16 Likes

@anon10648258, that is great! You must be strong indeed!

@agent101g thats nice and so cool!

Makes me think of when i was an inpatient in the locked ward. At a certain point i was standing near the nurses office and a man in business suit walked up to me, hand stretched out, saying “you must be the doctor, i suppose?”.

8 Likes

My sister tells me she admires me for staying strong. I know she means it. She’s not one to be fake.

I’ve had lots of people tell me they like my hair.

9 Likes

Well, in regular life I like some of the same stuff that I imagine most people like, such as being called “handsome,” “hot,” etc., or being called “kind” or “smart.”

When it comes to my teaching jobs, the biggest compliments my students can give me are telling me that they learned a lot, or asking me if I teach anatomy & physiology (I do not), because they want to take that class with me, too. I’ve had students tell me they wish they could have me for all of their biology classes. That makes me feel very good.

11 Likes

My older brother told me a few years ago that he’s always looked up to me. Boy did that pack an emotional wallop.

14 Likes

One guy said to me “if I had to pick a human to represent the human race to a race of aliens it would be you”. At the end of IOP when we had to give compliments out. He was a cool guy. I’ve got some awesome compliments but this was my favorite hehe

10 Likes

Lol. That’s certainly high praise!

2 Likes

I don’t get many compliments these days. One I remember was, “You look like Harrison Ford.” I always thought Indiana Jones was a bad ass so I enjoyed that comment. Another was from a pretty hospital worker who said, “You’re cute, Pedro.” I felt a little more confident then. Years ago I used to receive more compliments. Even some lady I used to get marijuana from told me, “You look cute in your pajamas.” It must have been a marketing ploy but I was glad to hear that.

8 Likes

I love it when someone compliments my eyes :eyes:. I can’t recall if anyone ever has though LOL.

Other than that I’m flattered by just about any other compliment on my personality.

11 Likes

I get compliments on being a good friend and a good listener

11 Likes

That I am beautiful.

7 Likes

I don’t know about compliments, but I’m polite and treat people with respect. I try to make everyone’s day as easy as possible.

10 Likes

In the psych hospital I got many compliments that I was a kind person.

11 Likes

I like whatever compliments I get. I like it when people say nice things about me. I like sharing the love too. Life is better when we are kind to each other.

10 Likes

You are a kind person. I can tell that from your replies.

6 Likes

Thanks @anon17132524.
You are too!

5 Likes

I’ve been called a ‘genius’ so many times by so many people I’ve known that I lost track long ago. I’ve seldom been called ‘stable’ though, so I guess I can’t call myself a ‘stable genius.’

6 Likes

I’m must say I’m a little confused by your user name. I’m guessing your from North Carolina

1 Like