Your experience with Zyprexa or Olanzapine

Ok, now I shoould say this: I thought it was only me, but seing that you experienced it too, makes me rethink my initial post on this.

On Zyprexa I had an atypical depression, worse in my life, tried to kill myself using the drug after carefully researching how much would kill me. No crying, no distress, just emptiness inside and the feeling I had no other option. Bad, bad times. I tried taking it again, but when I got around that same stage, I quit.

I was good at school on Zyprexa but nearly died. I guess I should’vementioned that in the first place, on hindsight.

True, no calories. But a higher risk of diabetes and a statistically enhanced risk of gaining weight (of eating too much if he will). Now, I don’t care about the mechanics of it, it’s just a plain stupid drug, even though not as debilitating as others attention-wise.

Actually I have had the same experience with Zyprexa about 6 years ago. It WAS an atypical depression like you described. It started in the second month and it lasted for about 10 days. No crying, no distress, but a feeling of sadness and falling into a deep black hole of emptiness. Almost have killed myself… I did not report it to my pdoc, and about 10 days later everything became normal so I continued to take it until the end of that year.

I experienced a similar atypical depression when I was the first time on risperidone. That lasted even longer.

zyprexa 15mg is by far the best drug. It takes away most of my symptoms. It did zap my sex drive. I have been on it since 2006. I have been on several drugs. The only time i had problems since 2006 was when i switched to invega unfortunately it didn’t work.i did lose weight though. I went back on zyprexa, and got better again. Although it took a little time. This is the most effective drug.

1 Like

I too am very sensitive to meds. It sucks.