You, version 1.1

Do something you enjoy. For me it’s playing basketball. Treating myself to a delicious meal. Saying hello to someone in line at the market. Getting a massage. Tidying up my room. Taking a hot bath. Doing chores. Talking to loved ones. Small steps to create a better version of you and your surroundings. What do you enjoy?

5 Likes

What magic do you know to enjoy all chores? Lol… its good to be happy i have motivation isues…but i enjoy my kid daddy time… my gf time… and my alone time…

2 Likes

I enjoy time with my family, watching a good movie, reading a good book. I also like holding my new kitty as he looks out the window at the birds that are starting to show up outside. I’m a homebody so most of what I like to do is inside. Sometimes I like to go out with my mom and do a little shopping and get some lunch. These things help keep me balanced.

4 Likes

I enjoy snuggling with my kid and watching cartoons. Drinking a good cup of something warm. The feeling I get when my husband gets home from work. Trying new foods. Coloring my hair. Reading.

1 Like

Right now I enjoy waking up before noon, doing any amount of chores, and other things involving taking care of myself.

If I was healthy again it would be different things I’d enjoy. Being the center of attention. Looking cute. Laughing. Being sassy. Reading.

I’m not quick (witty) anymore like I used to be. I also can’t stand to have any attention on me. I’m much different now then I was when I was healthy.

However that was over 7 years ago now. And I’m sure I’m not going to just ‘outgrow’ my mental problems. So maybe that part of me is dead?

Ideally I would want to be outgoing again. I was really loud. Kinda annoying. But I was a total flirt so nobody minded. Healthy me was a badass bitch but now I’m a meek little bridge troll who’s afraid of the whole wide world :frowning:

3 Likes

I ENJOY PETTING WARM ANIMAL BELLIES!!! Any animal will do!!

3 Likes

Put on some music, scrub, sweep, wipe.

2 Likes

My kitty would love a belly rub. He’s definitely a mamas boy and every time her daughters come to visit, he’s in love again and thinks they came to visit him. He loves girls and women more than when guys are around.
I kinda had to coerce him into showing his little belly. He had no idea why I was playing with him like that, but don’t worry. I was gentle and the look on his face wasn’t quite fear as like “dude what the ■■■■ are you doing this to me for”. If he knew it for such a pretty woman as yourself, he would have not only showed you his belly, he would have been loving on you too. Little love boy!

4 Likes

that’s a cool feline.

2 Likes

Thanks @gene! The pics of him i posted earlier got more likes in less time than anything else I ever posted. :laughing::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I still play competitive cricket at 47. I have fading eyesight and poorer reflexes but I love competing with the normals. I’m an opening bat in the lower grades and face your fastest bowlers. It really is a quite serious environment because a cricket ball is hard but I love it bruises and all. I actually had a fast bowler fracture my eyesocket on a hook shot years ago and my eyes been shite since!

I’m a social animal who likes their space. I can be my own company and that is no drama but I do well socially and enjoy the time I spend with family and friends. I’m also a paranoid schizophrenic with all that entails! I don’t complain because I do better than most socially but find that talking in real time forces you into decent thinking patterns. There’s things to be said for that…!

3 Likes

talking in real time forces you into decent thinking patterns.

I agree. Something to be said for practice, repetition, and good feedback. Making some normie progress here

2 Likes

I see, you are a good guy who enjoys doing cleaning the room. Rooting for you!

3 Likes

Awww how precious!!! What a sweet cat. Thank you for making my day better :smile:

1 Like

I enjoy when Im with people, When Im with friends I am really happy

1 Like

Lots of different things!

I enjoy when my apartment is completely clean when my nails are nicely painted when I finish most pending tasks, I feel accomplished, when I buy pretty things, when I don’t have intrusive thoughts, I will be the happiest person on earth.

1 Like

I used to enjoy a whole lot in life. I could always find a way to make myself happy. Now I honestly don’t know if there’s anything I enjoy anymore. I guess that’s anhedonia, or depression maybe, or both probably. I know I prefer not being at work because of how stressful it is, but I can’t say I enjoy myself when I’m at home. I wish that spark would come back into my life, the pre-illness spark that made life so fresh and interesting. Everything now is so dull. Sigh. Sorry that is a depressing answer. I’m really struggling right now.

2 Likes

i understand your difficulty. i was there at one time, where I had no work and lacked an outlook for a better future. Finding a suitable job has saved me in some regards although I still deal with minor depressive episodes. I wish there was more I could say or do to lessen your anguish. Muster the energy to do a job search… you can post or pm me what you find appealing and I can give you some feedback.

hey @rogueone, cricket sounds challenging and fun! do they have a pro league down under?

Yes there is the professional Australian team and state teams. I just play in a social league or competition. Some good cricketers but not really the best if you get my drift. Most of us are old and just like playing cricket. It’s a challenge and it’s a fun game sometimes! hahaah.

check out cricket on youtube…it’s an intesesting game!