You say you want a Revolution!

Well, hell yah, I’m not going down as a puppet, are you??

Revolution

The Beatles

Aah

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it’s evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don’t you know that you can count me out

Don’t you know it’s gonna be
Alright
Alright
Alright

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We’d all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We’re all doing what we can
But if you want money for people with minds that hate
All I can tell you is, brother, you have to wait

Don’t you know it’s gonna be
Alright
Alright
Alright
Al

You say you’ll change the Constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it’s the institution
Well, you know
You’d better free your mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow

Don’t you know know it’s gonna be
Alright
Alright
Alright

Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright
Alright, alright

4 Likes

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da.
Life goes on, bra
La, La, how the life goes on.

3 Likes

I like the song ‘talking about a revolution’ from Tracy Chapmen

1 Like

I don’t want a revolution. Historically they end badly.

1 Like

What’s interesting about the Beatles’ Revolution, is that despite the rebellious distortion the song kicks up with, it is actually against the act of revolution. Lennon even sings “count me out…in” like he is unsure. He seems to think the concept is admirable, but that its not as easy or simple as many people claim. Even the “Don’t you know its gonna be, alright” could be interpreted in saying to stay the course and not to revolt.

Just my take seeing the lyrics written down.

2 Likes

We all dream of a peaceful revolution without blood.

Not interested in a revolution.

A nice cuppa, sure.

1 Like

History is full of people constantly revolting in a violent manner. One group revolts, gets power, then another group revolts against them, etc… It’s just perpetual violence and death. Relax and chill the f*ck out.

I like democracy, it’s like a constant revolution but a peaceful revolution because every 4-6 years on average a vote is held, the incumbent is thrown out if they are bad and a new person/party is elected based on the will of the people. It’s not always perfect, I don’t always like the party that gets elected but I accept it and live with it because it’s better than any other alternative I know of.

@Leaf I like that song, I was into The Beatles even though they were way before my time.

2 Likes

Sure. The world revolves around Skunks anyways.

:thinking:

1 Like

Life is very short and there’s no tiiiii-iime for fussing and fighting, my friends.

1 Like

It’s similar to Pete Townsend’s song, Won’t Get Fooled Again. It sounds like an Anthem for revolution, but it’s actually the opposite. Watched a documentary on The Who awhile ago

Meet the new boss
Just the same as the old boss…

1 Like

Generally, revolutions are messy, so it is understandable to want to avoid them, but this song isn’t just anti-Revolution, but anti-political change.

This song seems to encourage young people to disengage from politics.They want to change the institutions or the Constitution, but are told that there is something wrong with them, instead.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.