You ever think dissociation is the root of your mi , not sz?

I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way? I know I do dissocaciate a lot, or at least I’m coming to grips with it lately. Maybe I need cognitive training to stop doing it so much.

1 Like

I don’t know, but I do dissociate sometimes. I was told it’s my CPTSD.

1 Like

So much is unknown about these disorders. It’s like they are just scratching the surface sometimes.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly!

1 Like

I think that sz and dissociation/depersonalisation/derealisation are separate disorders. People with sz have a higher chance of suffering from it, but in my case when i depersonalised i lost my whole sense of “I” and lost time completely.

It is not like things seemed strange and unreal, but rather I lost my whole identity and weeks of time. Sometimes it was just hours or a day, but I may have well been dead for all I knew about myself.

1 Like

I personally think a low confidence in myself is my cause of mi. I even did drugs and alcohol *because * of the low confidence in self
Idk thou
Maybe the dissociation is a fear of people’s ability to hurt me
So maybe it is that

Idk wat I’m saying anymore lol.

But I think dissociation, somehow is certainly associated with my psychosis cos it stresses me out the dissociation makes my mind feel like it’s being strangled or something

I hope I’m making sense

1 Like

I think they can both be happening. My early diagnostic notes says dissociative disorder then others said schizophrenia spectrum disorder. I don’t know. I often imagine I am someone else have even legally changed my name a few times.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.