Schizophrenia.com

You don't miss what you never had!

well im thinking about the coast and hanging out at the beach. i’ve probably only spent about 2 months sitting by the beach in my life. it was nice, but home prices in those places are out of my budget, so in a way im blessed to have grown up here, with no beach for thousand miles. i can live without it i guess, and if i had money i think i would choose a ski condo in the mountains instead.

2 Likes

Here seaside towns that used to be tourist attractions in the Victorian age are fairly cheap to live in now, as they have very little industry or high paid jobs.

There are pockets of areas where people from London go to retire that makes them expensive , but my town is the second cheapest in the county

We have a national park to the north, and the beach/sea to the south

2 Likes

sounds lovely.

part of me wants to live on the coast somewhere, but another part of me is afraid of the oceans.

there are a couple places on the coast i can afford here in the states, but they are all in the american south, and im not big into hot weather anymore.

and i also like visiting the great lakes, who have coastline.

2 Likes

I like to visit the coast on a perfect day, when I’m in the mood. I like to have it close by, say within about 45 minutes or so. But I wouldn’t want to live at the ocean. The chill, the wind, the sand, the overcast, no

2 Likes

In Norway most people live by the coast. We have most coastline in the world(counting all islands) only second to Canada. I have always lived near the sea, but we don’t have much warm weather. It only gets over 20 degrees celsius about 4 months in the year. The rest of the time it’s cold. And in my city it rains like two out of three days in average.

1 Like

I took two trips to the beach and probably spent a week total. I actually miss it because it was so cool.

1 Like

I live near the Great Lakes. That’s a lot of beach front. It’s beautiful.

1 Like