Yerba Mate Helping Brain Damage

Yerba Matte has a lot of antioxidants in them that seem to be helping.

2 Likes

I like that tea. It tastes really good, even if it had no health effects. Goes even better with a bit of honey.

1 Like

I’m taking the pills. I have used the tea. Good stuff.

It has Quecetin in it. That’s supposed to help your brain from the effects of antipsychotics.

https://examine.com/supplements/yerba-mate/

2 Likes

@insidemind have you tried Yerba Mate?

No. Have you tried FRS energy supplement? I used to drink and eat that stuff. I think I had too much of it in the past.

1 Like

In the U.S., yerba mate is widely available in health food stores and online. Proponents of yerba mate say that it can relieve fatigue, promote weight loss, ease depression, and help treat headaches and various other conditions. There’s no definitive evidence that these claims are valid.

Yerba mate isn’t likely to pose a risk for healthy adults who occasionally drink it. However, some studies indicate that people who drink large amounts of yerba mate over prolonged periods may be at increased risk of some types of cancer, such as cancer of the mouth, esophagus and lungs. Smoking in combination with yerba mate seems to greatly increase the cancer risk.

5 Likes

No I’ve never used FRS energy.

I’m getting tired of pointing out the side effects and lack of evidence for your claims.

In my opinion you seem to get a placebo effect from these supplements.

I think you need to change your AP if you feel you have “brain damage”

4 Likes

If you had brain damage you would understand.

You don’t have brain damage.

1 Like

A mod told me earlier that psychotic episodes caused brain damage. @Ninjastar

You need to get diagnosed by a doctor , not a mod. It sounds like your current AP is making you feel like you have brain damage.

2 Likes

I’m on court ordered meds. I can’t change them.

You might need an adjustment on your AP.
I would stop messing with all of these supplements.
It’s a dangerous business.

3 Likes

So you have a problem with people drinking coffee in the morning?

What dangerous is encouraging others to take them without pointing out the side effects and making wild claims about how effective they all are without providing any research to back it up.

6 Likes

Everything I’m doing I figure is 100 times less dangerous than taking an antidepressant.

You don’t have to pay attention. This world is all about throwing stuff on the walls to see what sticks. Might as well try it ourselves.