Yay New Toy on the way!

So been behaving and getting rid of a lot of excess spending so I thought I needed a bit of a treat. Ended up ordering a 34in UW 2K monitor for a really good price. It’s a VA panel but it’s gotten good reviews and it should be ok for my needs.

Only trouble was it was on backorder but it’s finally back in stock and it’s on it’s way to here. Outside chance of getting it tomorrow but more likely I’ll have it monday. Looking forward to some extra screen place as a lot of my downtime is on the computer and pc gaming.

12 Likes

That sounds great mate! :slight_smile:

I treated myself to a pair of those new Skechers slip in sneakers. I tend to have trouble tying my shoes due to weight so I prefer slip ons.

2 Likes

wow, awesome sauce !! my old monitor keeps working , and working, and working…what games do you play?

1 Like

I do like a good rpg and am currently replaying skyrim for the 1000th time!

2 Likes

ooh what is skyrim about? guns and stuff?

1 Like

Classic Swords and Sorcery. It’s a very good game for it’s time as I think it first came out in 2016 or so. Lots of fun fighting dragons and walking around Tamriel.

1 Like

oh cool, reminds me of the cottage village scenes in Zelda…I don’t game, can’t handle the controller, but I watched my little brother play the full Zelda and Ocarina of Time I think it was…good game…so glad for you …sounds like you have a good time.

1 Like

I can’t wait until Starfield is released… I’ve always loved the Fallout and Skyrim RPGs!

1 Like

Yeah great games. Starfield is released 6th September so a bit of a wait yet but I’m keen. Haven’t watched any gameplay trailers as just want to experience it. Did the same when Skyrim came out as I loved Oblivion even though the levelling was broken.

1 Like

oh you gamers…I have no idea about those games…one time I saw someone play a virtual online game…blew my mind…real people playing against real people.

Pics or it didn’t happen!!!

:blush:

1 Like

You bet I’ll show it off here haha. Moving up from a 27in 2k so 34 is a whole level beyond that. Looking forward to it showing up and I’ll tag you when I post a pic!

2 Likes

Nice one mate.:smiley: its good to treat yourself now and again.

1 Like

Same here Monte, does your weight seem to mostly sit in your midsection?

1 Like

Yes my friend. Most of my weight lies in my big belly, and my belly is as hard as a rock. :cry:

1 Like

I get it, tying my shoes is like having a basketball on my lap to have to lean around. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

LOL! Same with me, big dude! :joy:

I really recommend the new Skechers slip-in sneakers. They’re a lifesaver for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m thrilled that I’m getting my toys in the studio all back up and running. It was partially disassembled for the past two years because I could never tell if/when we were moving next. The wife has gotten her contract and we can settle in here at the rental for a year while we’re saving up a down payment. I feel safe enough to finish plugging everything back in.

4 Likes

Glad your able to get all your gear out and setup. Here’s the new monitor. It’s a beast. Very large haha. Need to get a monitor arm to raise it up a bit as the stand is a bit low but picture is amazing. Just fired up skyrim for a looksie and it was good with no ghosting in dark places. Was money well spent.

3 Likes

Looks awesome brother! Wise purchase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes