Xeplion and abilify

I have searched the Web about the amount of time it takes for abilify 5mg to lower prolactin because of 100mg xeplion. Do you guys know anything about that?

2 Likes

I’ve only heard what you know - that Abilify 5mg is prescribed to lower prolactin. I think there are several people here who take 5mg. Maybe one of them can help.

1 Like

I just dont see how Abilify will lower prolactine unless you reduce your main AP and compensate for it by a bit of Abilify.

2 Likes

Abilify is prolactine neutral so replacing part of a prolactine boosting AP with Abilify should lower prolactine.

1 Like

I dont know I just read this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6120516/

1 Like

I was on xepilon and they put me on a low dose of abilify to lower my prolactin. It didn’t work. So I just completely switched to abilify.

1 Like

What was your xeplion dose and do you have symtoms on abilify?

My dose was 100mg injection once per month. They put me on 5mg of abilify. It didn’t work. So now I’m just on abilify and my prolactin is normal.

1 Like

I am doing the same. I take 2.5mg abilify to lower prolactine. I cannot feel anything different.

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to take some time but i dont know how long :confused: