WWIII what branch of the military are you joining

I am a retired Marine. Loved the Marine Corps. Spent two years in the Navy too. So I have been in both.

I am on the Permanent Disability Retired List for the Marines so I doubt they call me back but I would answer if called.

6 Likes

I guess you could be a flight instructer @TomCat. You might have mentioned that before. I don’t remember.

1 Like

If they would let me fly with schizophrenia and my meds I would start today.

3 Likes

I was going to pay for my daughter and niece to take a flying lesson but the woman died in a plane crash.

1 Like

I signed up for Marines in 1993, but turned up pregnant during tests. So I chose Marines.

2 Likes

I know you said you have PTSD, it may be automatic discharge?

I think you are stalwart til the end. it’s common.

1 Like

The VA says I have PTSD. I don’t really think I do. Not from my combat experience anyway. But it is in my chart

I was medically retired for paranoid schizophrenia.

3 Likes

some unmedicated can get it I believe

when the trauma of psychosis strikes

I’ve worked with vets, some of their hardest problems aren’t mental

but broken relationships. I heard it so many times.

1 Like

I was hesitant about saying that I hope I didn’t cause you opposition

I wish well for everything you have in your life.

2 Likes

I was in the Navy. So that is what I picked.

2 Likes

I would join the Starship Troopers and be a big badass fighting huge insects!

:grin: :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kidding)

2 Likes

One of the former people here became schiophrenic while he was in the navy. He was in charge of loading nuclear weapons

2 Likes

I’d probably kick ass with a UAV. I just got a sweet deal on XPLANE 11. Got Boeing 727 and Space Shuttle Endeavour add-ons. The 727 is pretty straight forward, but landing a shuttle is something else (think quasi-aerodynamic brick). Currently watching others land in the same software to see what I’m doing wrong…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.