WTF?!?!? Just got back from the pharmacy

We have this too. But even if you are some mega rich person, you still pay a fixed fee per item. Expensive drug V cheap drug = costs the patient the same.

2 Likes

I see. I hope the drug company CEO’s all have a vision from the G man and give their drugs patents away for free.

Then we can all hold hands and dance in the sunlight … What a perfect world :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This online pharmacy in Canada sells 100 for 54.00 Canadian I think if generic.

https://www.pricepropharmacy.com/product/zyprexa/

Edit it’s US dollars but amounts to about 64 Canadian.

@TheCanuk

2 Likes

I’m on the generic. There is no chemical difference between them.

2 Likes

The med that helped me is $1000/month for the generic in pill form. The generic shot is $2000.

Tell your dr right away. You need a cheaper med

I now take haloperidol

3 Likes

How does anyone with SZ afford $1K medication? The system is rigged.

2 Likes

In the US, I used health insurance to cover similar costs.

2 Likes

Those prices seem out of line to me. Once a med. has gone generic they have recouped all their research and development costs, so the price should be much lower. Someone needs to check into it.

1 Like

My invega trinza shot is 10,000 dollars before insurance luckily I have blue cross blue shield and Medicare but still My Mom is paying over 500$ a month for the blue cross blue shield which is ridiculous but we need it for all the meds we take

5 Likes

It’s like that with lots of generic meds. It’s not fair at all.

2 Likes

With my insurance, my cost is $500/month for that med. that’s why I’m not on it anymore. Also, when you have Medicare, you legally cannot use the discount programs offered by prescription companies.

3 Likes

I don’t think I would ever take Haldol again, unless it was a really miniscule dose. Haldol completely destroys my ability to write. I’ve been very pleased with Geodon and Seroquel, and they have been around plenty long enough to be generic. I can write on Geodon and Seroquel, but I’m discovering a down side to these drugs. It’s something I’ve suspected. They have a hormonal effect on your body. I’ll probably stay on Geodon and Seroquel. I will just keep my shirt on when I go to the beach.

2 Likes

I tried both Geodon and Seroquel. Neither really helped me

2 Likes

You could get a cheaper alternative to Zyprexa like one of the 1. Gen antipsychotics like Haldol, flufenazine,Clopixol or fluanthixol. I’ve been on the Clopixol depo for 26 years. I hope that this was an eye opener.

2 Likes

I’m On Haldol already. But thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

I pay 1€ for monthly meds.

Now that I’m in the mental health system, my husband pays about a third of the usual cost at private pharmacy. When the system discharges me I have to get my meds privately and it’s very expensive, especially now I’m on 5 meds, and amisulpride is expensive and there’s no generic on that one.

So when I am stable, discharged and go private I taper my meds down and hope for the best.

Until next time I relapse and enter the system again.

Generic lurasidone (yes there is a generic lurasidone) is $132 for 28 pills 80 mg Canadian, I just bought this a week ago. So the price is pretty similar to olanzapine. You may want to stay on the welfare system, in Canada they cover all of your medication costs. You can also work a full-time or part-time job while being on the welfare system but you should ask your case worker about this as I believe it is determined if you are eligible to work simultaneously on a case-by-case basis.