Wrong priorities

We could go outside and explore the world.

But we don’t. We’re stuck to our screens reading this forum.

Is it worth it?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Its possible to find a balance.

I spend a lot of time on the computer,

But I also spend a lot of time out and about.

6 Likes

1 Like

I’m outside right now WHILE I’m reading this forum.

4 Likes

Me too!

Its great weather right now.

3 Likes

But why…? Isn’t it better to be in the real world? I feel like I’m missing out on life.

I mean, what else am I going to do? I can’t go far because the kid is asleep inside, so I’m sitting on the patio.

I tried to go outside with her this morning but she tried to run away so now I’m not allowed to go outside alone with her because of my heart.

There are a lot of reasons a person stays inside. And life can be just as worthwhile.

6 Likes

But I do agree a lot of us could use more fresh air.

4 Likes

I want to read books. I want to see the world. I want to meet people again.

All I normally do is waste my time online, watch series and study. And the years go by. Little changes.

I’m going to try to change it. This is not a good life. This is an addiction. Spooky was right.

3 Likes

Maybe take a break if that’s how you feel. As a mod you’re on here way more than the average bear. Sounds like you need a vacation.

4 Likes

I need new priorities…

4 Likes

10/10 would waste all day trogloditing again.

2 Likes

The world is full of whispery, mumbly voices that I hallucinate with, and head pain.

Basically torture, but I miss the days when I could go out without either of those.

3 Likes

I went to the gym today(as I do every day), I went to a healer for my schizophrenia
and I went to a religious lesson. None of these activities were at home.
I also studied some mathematics.

2 Likes

Try some new things!

I go out on weekends.

2 Likes

I used to be like that, about 10years ago. It wasn’t a good life. Find the right meds and things will change.

2 Likes

My friend u are exploring the world in your own way… if you don’t like this method try another one

cheers

what do u study for?

1 Like

I think time spent online and in front of screens can be just as worthwhile. I’ve made most of my friends staring at a screen all day when I wouldn’t have otherwise met people due to my introversion and social anxiety. I’ve also spent time on another screen, my 3DS. It’s actually better for me than having spent it scrolling through Facebook.

2 Likes

@anon9798425

Moderating this forum burnt out Pixel. Perhaps you need a break. I believe Pixel has never been happier since he unshackled himself of this burden.

Maybe pass the torch to someone else for a while.

Just sayin…

1 Like

For now. My knee keeps me glued to my Kindle. But the world is huge. I enjoy r/c sailboats. Nature watching. The other day before my injury this deer let me get so close to her. It was awesome. I’m a bookworm as well where in books I can explore many worlds and lives. I try to live when I can.

@PatrickT May be right. A sabbatical could be your ticket. :slight_smile:

2 Likes