Writers out there, what is your method?

When I’m writing and not sure the ending, or how it’s going to turn out, I pace my kitchen doing mundane things, being in the state of unawares in order to let more in, and I’m thanking Keats the whole time.

3 Likes

I just spend a boat load of time on it. I use blogger.com which I’m comfortable with, and edit my thoughts a lot. It takes the feeling of chiseling a sculpture when I write a piece. Also I’m a big fan of repeating certain words or phrases that have resonated with me from other people over the years.

3 Likes

I like that, chiseling a sculpture,

so true. Ask anybody, writing is an art form.

3 Likes

When i was smoking cigarettes, I would usually smoke two up when i had some serious thinking to do.

I guess my advice would be find something that relaxes you and allows you to think.

1 Like

true.

writing is so healing too, for instance, I don’t cry anymore.

1 Like

I wish I could write…

it can be hard to stay inspired,

writers are procrastinators too.

what do you mean, from meds, you can’t write?

I’m not a good writer.

you gotta get excited about something, anything!

ways to feel it’s all worth it in the end.

I take a long shower, or I go out on a drive. I have a particular loop that I make around here that helps me think.

My writing is mainly technical in nature these days as my personal blog is moribund. I have a ritual around writing. I have a chair I like to sit in, a computer I like to use (late model Chromebook), and I usually wear noise cancelling headphones with a bit of classical music to get me “in the mood”. And, of course, a cuppa. When I do this, no writer’s block – I can just go.

2 Likes

I just write whatever comes to mind for a few minutes, without backspacing or correcting anything. Then, I see what ideas I’ve come up with.

1 Like

Pixel, hello!

I bet your tech writing is the bomb.

yeah, that’s brain storming, good for you.

1 Like

Hey @Daze I’m a poetry writer. Mostly humorous, haiku, limericks, free verse, and prose poems. I prefer absolute quiet but a nice walk in nature or sitting down by the lake helps too. I guess I don’t scribble but most of it is done inside my crazy head. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah, much can come out of silence, you should think often of making amends with so much static in our environment, and you seem to be doing well with that. You be most sane person I’ve seen on here, why you say that? I think you will come to terms with what you make do. it’s all it, what you make do.

1 Like

Well said @Daze thank you. Keep making your art and don’t apologize to anyone. We deserve it I’d think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just write whatever pops into my head. Even if it’s nonsensical. Cause sometimes it’ll spark a better idea. My voices also provide inspiration some times but only rarely.

3 Likes

Hey @Noise I don’t want to hijack @Daze thread but do all of your alters write? Do you not like anything they write? Just curious. Apologies for prying.

1 Like

I try to write down every idea I have when I have it. I also try to write spontaneously and just see where it goes without editing anything. A lot of the times I lose the spark, though. Maintaining the energy on the piece is the hard part for me.

2 Likes