Wrestling with delusions

I mentioned this in @LittleMissSlothy ’s thread but I have some delusions about pro wrestling where I feel like all the wrestlers know me and that the commentators are doing their commentary live and speaking to me through my television. I think it actually might have happened once, but that was right before I had a seizure when I stayed up for a week straight so idk if it was real. The way the wrestlers act and speak makes me think that they all know who i am. Anybody else who has these issues with sports, how do you deal with stuff like this? I’m starting to realize that it might be delusion but it kind of bothers me that it might be real…

2 Likes

I’ve had a similar delusion as this. Well kinda, it wasn’t sports-related – it involved the show Family Guy. I used to think they were writing their jokes for me. It was the weirdest feeling. I was convinced the jokes were directed at me.

I stopped watching the show, and the delusion went away. This also occurred when I was unmedicated and undiagnosed.

2 Likes

I had the same thing with the show Friends. I thought the characters were making fun of me

1 Like

But to your point, I’m not sure how to make the delusion go away. Maybe a med tweak or, if it comes to it, maybe watch something other than wrestling. It sucks, but if it’s driving delusional thoughts, it might be best to stop watching it for the time being. But if you’re like me, it’s tough to give up a show/event you like watching on TV lol

2 Likes

I definitely had this too. I’m quite confident that it is our mind twisting reality.

Because this is very common among schizophrenia.

And it went away on the medication eventually for quite a lot of schizophrenics suggesting a chemical change by meds helps to readjust brain.

For me it’s always stressor stuff that I tryyyyy to be wary of keeping in check… Not easy.

My schizophrenic friend he has this with football matches actually…

1 Like

I thought I was controlling, or at least coaching, UFC fighters through the TV for a while. I think those things just go away over time. Just stay on meds.

1 Like

I thought the guys from the local news and cnn were talking to me, and even hallucinated once that they were broadcasting me getting arrested i changed the channel immediately. This happened to me with most media even videogames.

1 Like

How did you have issues with video games? Only time that ever happened for me was when I was high once while playing Zelda Twilight Princess. I thought that the game was being controlled by aliens who were using the game to test my reactions and puzzle solving ability.

2 Likes

I was trying to play a call of duty game i’ve never played, at the time i thought the president had a conspiracy against me, in the videogame the characters talks to the president and my mind found meaning in that. Another time when i was playing mortal kombat i did a fatality and the characters told me that was going to happen to me. So i stopped playing videogames a long time.

2 Likes

the mortal kombat one sounds scary ngl

1 Like

I love wrestling. I stopped watching it multiple times because I heard the voice of God telling me to stop, convicting feelings and stuff. Threw out all my wrestling memorabilia because I thought it would make me pure and God would take the voices away. I recently started watching again, recognised that I have schizophrenia and thought stuff it. I also have maladaptive daydreaming disorder where I daydream about wrestling. I feel this strange connection with the performers, like they’re all my friends. I’m a little unhinged but happy to be watching again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.