Would you take an injection that lasts for 6 months?

I wouldn’t. (AP injection)

I got offered the 3 month one. I declined.

1 Like

I wish there was an injection for whole life :crazy_face:

3 Likes

does that exist? LAI that works for 6 months? Mine only works for 2 weeks but it’s ok.

1 Like

i would take it. i hate going to the hospital for shots and seeing my psychiatrist every 3 months. just 2 shots a year, i’d be down for that. right now, im getting an injection every 3 months, or 84 days exactly. i lost a lot of weight when i went from a shot a month, to every 3 months, like 30 pounds.

2 Likes

If its cheaper than pills, yes. It would be the Risperdal shot. Do they make it for 6 months or 3 months?

1 Like

I’m on a three month injection now. I feel like it fades off towards the end. I also have a lot more anxiety and paranoia attacks now. I’m thinking about asking the doctor to switch meds

1 Like

My doctor told me they are researching a 1 year shot.

No it doesnt exist yet

Oh wow link??? :confused:

I don’t have a link. Just going by word of mouth through my doctor

1 Like

Shots cost a lot more than pills unfortunately

2 Likes

I’m lucky my Medicaid covers my shots. Or else I’d be on a pill.

1 Like

yae i’m lucky that healthcare pays most of the costs of my shot.

2 Likes

@pasteyface @lekkerhondje

How much do you pay for the shot? How long and what dosage/med is the shot?

i pay 8 or 9 euro for risperdal consta 50mg 2 weekly. But i only pay that cause i get extra reduction from healthcare… the normal price here is like 30 euro.

1 Like

Risperdal Consta is usually given once every 2 weeks. Perseris is usually given once every month.

Perseris is the new long acting injectable.

It’s the latest Risperdal version.

1 Like

I don’t pay anything for the shot. It’s totally covered by my insurance. It’s a 10 week dosage. Supposed to be 12 but I feel like it wears off.

1 Like

There is an invega Trivecta or Trinza? that lasts 3 months i think.

But i wouldnt - cos when i get the jab monthly, it means i get the oppurtunity for 30 mins to talk about how im doing at home. I value their input - and having the monthly 121 chat does help whilst im have me jab done.

1 Like

No because what if you get NMS? You would be screwed they couldn’t get you off the meds

2 Likes