Would you ever use medical marijuana if you had cancer?

Mental health advocate The Mighty is praising Olivia Newton John for embracing medical marijuana in her cancer struggle. I avoid marijuana like the plague, as it exacerbates psychosis. I also feel that marijuana triggered my SZA. But if you had extreme pain from cancer would you turn to marijuana to help ease your pain?

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/c103.0.874.874/20583101_267018083782967_7545221958032424960_n.jpg

1 Like

I would take edibles if I had cancer

I would, for sure.

I took marijuana only one time in my life. It was when I was a teen and it made me sick! Because of that, I have never taken it anymore and I would never take it at any circumstances.

I probably would. and I think for some cancer patients it’s also quite helpful for making them able to eat and keep the food down

It is a shame that there is nothing for sz/sza patients that will ease severe pain without compromising our mental health. It has taken me so long to get to this point where my meds are working and I am not hearing voices all day, every day. I don’t want to compromise that and am very wary of marijuana.

There are strains of it you can take, for cancer healing and pain relief, that don’t require getting stoned. My mom has been considering it for her joint pain and such, too.
You can try CBD oil, or other things.
Or at least so I’ve heard. Nver tried it myself.
Everyone is different, and smoking the herb has always worked for me (I know it doesn’t work for a lot of people with psychosis).

1 Like

My best friend died from lung cancer and she never smoked a cigarette in her life. I took her to each and every chemo and each hospitalisation on setbacks. After I saw what she went through with chemo, I’d deffinately consider medical marijuana

Yes I would. I use it now. For anxiety and arthritis pain. And it works.

Interesting question. I will have to wait until that time comes to make that decision.

1 Like

yea i would. the few times ive tried it after getting sz nothing happened

1 Like

That’s odd because marijuana is just about the only drug that still works on the meds I’m on

i meant i get high but i dont get symptoms. :slight_smile:

1 Like