Would you ever use affirmations?

For example: you say silently in your head, a few times a day “I am happy” or “I am rich” or “I am a genius” because of the belief that affirming any of this will make you what you affirm?

I am tired of not sticking to my goals and giving up on my dreams so I am going to try a affirmation a few times a day and see if it helps

1 Like

I believe affirmations work. I’ll give them a try again, since my head and symptoms have been healing nicely.

2 Likes

Yes I use affirmations
Right now I am saying them every time I feel a negative thought coming om

2 Likes

I never believed in them, but I ended up using one without thinking about it during one of my worst episodes (it lasted about an hour to an hour and a half). I basically kept saying, “these are negative hallucinations. They are not real. They will go away.” I kept saying that over and over out loud in an area where people couldn’t hear me while I paced (I went into the garage where I normally smoke) and eventually the episode passed. I was bombarbed by speech images and tactile hallucinations for its entirety.

Saying that out loud over and over helped me stay grounded during the crisis, because I could hear myself speak in the real world.

2 Likes

@agent101g
I get those kind of episodes
When I get them I also use affirmations
I also take a small bit of red wine which takes the edge off it

1 Like

Nah, I don’t do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.