Would you consider your phych doctor a good doctor

sometimes a doctor might not be that good, i think its important to have a good doctor.

1 Like

I have a good nurse practitioner. She’s really nice.

1 Like

my pdoc is great…
when i had to get a pdoc i was referred to another pdoc first but she left that hospital and they said i could speak to my current pdoc and i have been so lucky with that… he is great.

1 Like

I wish he wouldn’t floss his teeth while I’m trying to talk to him. And it’s kind of distracting when he plays “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath on an endless loop at every session.

4 Likes

My psychiatrists are good.

1 Like

Not a good dr. The only meeting I had with him, he offloaded it with someone else. Since then I haven’t heard anything.

1 Like

lol, he really does that? That is weird =D

2 Likes

Joke, joke, joke.

2 Likes

haha, i was just starting to think it that it could have been a joke =p sorry for being slow =3

2 Likes

I thought that my doctor was competent, but during my last evaluation she diagnosed me with bipolar.

Maybe I’m not communicating with her properly.

Or maybe she’s avoiding the stigma associated with a schizo diagnosis?

It’s obvious to other doctors and mental health professionals that I suffer with schizoaffective disorder.

Although she has diagnosed me with schizoaffective before.

I’m going to talk with her about my diagnosis next time I see her.

I don’t see the point in diagnosing me with a disorder that doesn’t apply to me.

I don’t think she’s being upfront about it.

1 Like

Mine asked me which med I want to be on and I said Risperdal. Its been the best med I have tried out of 5 antipsychotics. When I was first diagnosed they put me on Risperdal for a couple of days and stopped it bcz of eyelid tremors. This time no tremors on 4mg.

I have a nurse practioner at the new place that I go to. He seems well versed.

1 Like

Mine is waaay to sensitive to be a doctor. I mean he has a picture of his wife on his desk and all I said was that I fantasize about having wild animal sex with his wife out on a deserted beach somewhere at sunset and from his reaction, you would have thought I insulted him or something. I was just trying to be nice.
C’mon doc, if you can’t stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.

1 Like

Yeah, good doctor and good human

If someone said that about my husband I’d punch them in the face

I don’t see my pdoc often enough to know. I’m sure he does everything expected of him by our organization well. I imagine that most pdoc’s have a certain profile of client who they relate to best. It’s kind of hit or miss. If you have the money you can shop around for a pdoc that works best for you.

I have a very good doctor. He’s very kind and goes out of his way to help

If I made it any plainer that I was joking I would lose half my audience.

1 Like

My doctor is good because he is very careful
I went to a locum doctor years ago and he messed up my medication and I reverted back to being very ill as a result it took a long time to feel better again

Don’t get me wrong, overall my psychiatrist is a good doctor as far as psychiatrists go.
She’s also a nice person.

1 Like