Would I be better of not being alive

I was hit with severe mental illness late 2016. It’s even a bit more severe then standard schizophrenia. I’m bed ridden most days due to my brain. Getting unhealthy and smoking. I’ve lost most cognition and can’t function day to day. My future has been stolen.

3 Likes

I know the feeling, my mental health completely depleted in October of last year. Genuinely feels like my life has been stolen away. Thoughts are with you man!

1 Like

I understand. I was stricken down with severe mental illness in June of 2015. I feel robbed too. It IS unfair. I agree with you. But…here we are. I think you are far better off alive and I think you would regret leaving if you left. Your spirit would say “ah darn it. I should have stayed. Life is so valuable.” I also get suicidal at times so I am not peeshewing you. I am glad your here and I want you to stay.

1 Like

Yeah October 30th here to man that’s so weird so many people have lost it in October

1 Like

I was admitted into a psychiatric hospital on October the 31st lol, what a time to be alive!

2 Likes

My nephew shot himself in the last days of Oct last year. Nothing can ever get better for him. I miss him.

1 Like

This october thing is spooky no word of a lie so many people got sick that month. Myself included. And I’m sorry to hear that. Sometimes I fell like doing it

:frowning: sorry for your loss, RIP. it’s so hard when you’re barely hanging on by a thread! : (

1 Like

Don’t give up my fellow posters. I was diagnosed 9 years ago. I don’t think anyone chooses to be mentally ill, it just happens. Try not to think about suicide so much. I’m sure you have people that care about you. Sure life isn’t what we would have wanted, but it is still worth living, sometimes it’s just a little difficult to remember that.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss Csummers.

3 Likes

I got sick with this illness October 2015 wow

1 Like

My first admission to a psychiatric hospital was on my 18th birthday in may. I too wanted to die. Hold on please. You’re loved. You’re needed. Your life is a gift. Treat today like a gift that’s why they call it the present. I wear a necklace everyday that says that. My father gave it to me when he came to visit me in the hospital that very birthday. I’m 26 now and it’s still on my neck. Times get hard, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You got this. Keep looking up, positive minds live positive lives. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words. But the cognitive impairment is just to much to bear. I’ve been a high functioning human all my life to now having a desease and brain damage. It’s getting to much to bear

5 Likes

Your future is going to be different. Not what you expected or counted on. And its not fair. But life is still worthwhile. There will be good times ahead. Put your faith in that and tackle life one day at a time.
T.

1 Like

Oct. 31st

Tortured for a month straight.

Dragged into a hellish catacomb of sorts during this time.

Spirits appeared, my mind was taken over, dosed with terror.

I became one of the victims of this holy day, happens every year.

Somehow i survived and they locked me up and drugged me, with the full knowledge of what had happened i was forced to pretend i was sick.

Maybe you can find some kind of interest to keep you out of bed. Maybe you could rent movies or something. That would beat laying in bed.

1 Like

Life is hard, for sure, but it can get better. Just because things are hard now doesn’t mean they always will be. Better meds and better treatments may come. Sorry you are having such a tough time. Hope you find some peace from your illness soon. Many people here care about you. Don’t give up hope.

2 Likes

Manonmoon I also suffer severe cognitive impairment.
I am sorry that you are in bed and smoking.
Try to cheer up.
Try to laugh.
Try to eat healthy and exercise.
Love you,
Erez.

3 Likes

@Erez_Shmerling i love u…

2 Likes

I love you too far_cry… You’re such a good boy!

2 Likes