Would a relationship make your life worse?

It all depends. If they are tempermental and yell at me when I didn’t do anything or want to start fights it would make my life way worse. I don’t know how I would deal with someone that wanted to be around me every second of every day. I’m pretty sure i couldn’t provide them what they want.

But if they are generally loving and kind, and not too hard to get along with it would be a good thing. That and if they could give me space sometimes. Maybe that’s not that likely a combination?

Also they have to generally accept me for how I am. If they want me to change half of everything about myself, they want that imaginary guy, not me.

2 Likes

I supported my wife for the first seven years of our marriage and they were happy years. She had the freedom to be home with our daughter in her early years, which was what she wanted.

:blush:

2 Likes

I thought I wanted someone to share my life with. I met someone. She said she excepted me for whom I was.
I found out she excepted me for what I had.
Now I am happy living alone. But sometime I wish I could meet someone about my age. That had her own home. So we could live apart, but get together and do things.

3 Likes

Any relationship is a positive in my life. Doesn’t mean I’m actively looking for it and due to circumstance I’ve a lot of baggage that is too hard to deal with but still. I’m up for anything and you just never know with life. Strange things happen and you meet people when you least suspect it.

5 Likes

Unless my symptoms improve by 99% or I’m cured, I don’t think I’ll ever be in a relationship. Even before I was sick, I couldn’t figure out the girlfriend thing. I guess I am only interested in sex. I’m narcissistic in my pursuit of a career. I might be sort of autistic. I spend most of my money on sugary drinks. It’s part of my routine. I don’t have money for a woman and I would feel worthless if a woman took care of me. I have standards. I’m fighting for survival.

2 Likes

I feel like a relationship with the right person would help me. But the wrong person could rip me apart.

3 Likes

I was dating in my early 20s then I got dxed. It was hard and but this guy and I clicked in many respects but my depression got bad. He needed more than I could give. I started thinking this isn’t fair for him. I couldn’t keep it going.

Now I’m sorta interested in dating again but my perspective on the world has changed so I don’t know about this idea of mine.

2 Likes

i think a relationship would make my life worse, its a big responsibility having kids and also having a wife

1 Like

Before i get married …relationship…i will have my ovaries blocked.

When i was healthy i got into relationships cause i didnt have anything to eat. Now on gov support life is really beautiful. I have food and my own appartment. I dont have to get in relationships just to survive.

1 Like

I got married almost 6 years ago and don’t regret it even though we sometimes have our difficult times and illnesses to contend with (me with sz and him with epilepsy). My husband needs my help a lot but he is certainly not a selfish man, he’s very accommodating and caring. I’m the selfish one lol! :laughing: it’s a blessing to have him in my life as a companion. I love him a lot. :blush: although I’m a loner and love solitude I can’t imagine life without him. I’d get very lonely.

It’s great to be in a relationship if you find the right partner.

3 Likes

It has to be the right person, at the right time, in the right relationship… Or so said the sex therapist at the group meeting last week.

Going through a rough patch with my SO. And am asking these questions of myself.

2 Likes

Yeah, the right relationship is very important. I’m just wondering if it’s okay to get fvck buddies while you’re not ready for a new relationship.

1 Like

@Resilient1…Good luck. hope you would be with her soon!

1 Like

Its like any thing else in life. comes with positive and negative. Its about which part you want to focus on. If both of you decide to focus on positives and ignore negatives (or atleast be open to talk about it ) you can have a great life. I am a strong believer that life is better spent/shared with someone than being alone.

2 Likes

Nothing in life is perfect. Its our thinking which makes it perfect. Love is about seeing and accepting a person as who he/she is. When in love the person automatically feels perfect which is amazing feeling.

1 Like

A romantic relationship with a woman or a man would definitely make my life worse. I don’t have time for it.

1 Like

I think if it is hard work then it isn’t the right person.

1 Like

Of course it is fun. Depends why you meet someone. I have never met anyone with the ‘what’s in it for me’ attitude to be in a relationship. Money? Most people look for companionship in my opinion.

I really think you should make some effort to go outside. Either volunteer or the gym etc.

2 Likes

Pickups at the gym are like taboo! If ya mess up, ya gottafind a new gym!

2 Likes

Agree. I had a bad time at college because I picked-up girls from the same class and the same course.

2 Likes